dmxis & linux

bozer

dmxis & linux

Post by bozer »

Hi all,
Is there any chance of getting dmxis software under a decent os like linux one day? Would be great!
Cheers
Bozer
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: dmxis & linux

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Sure, if there were sufficient demand. Anyone else interested in this?
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
bozer

Post by bozer »

Thank's Dave for your answer, I'm using a X32 rack berhinger synchro with the dmxis. Berhinger is allready providing a linux version, I'll be really happy to get rid of micro....ft!
It's probably not the right post but I'd like to share the windows 8 touchscreen experience, everything went smoothly, installation & hardware detection.Just missing the ctrl-click to select several faders, couldn't find how to do it on a touchscreen.
Anyway make some noise linux people!
Bozer
NoirTech

Post by NoirTech »

I too would find this very useful. Currently on a 64bit Ubuntu workstation.
MegaKrustyman

Post by MegaKrustyman »

DMXIS on linux would be great.
I've just reignited my interest in linux having bought a Raspberry Pi:
http://raspberrypicomputer.com
700MHz ARM processor
512MB RAM
SD Card persistent storage
$ Cheap!!!!

While it's a barrel of fun and surprisingly quick due to the SD card storage, I'm not sure these little kits would have the processing power to perform complex oscillator functions.
Of course linux and python go together like bacon & eggs, so regardless of the hardware specs, getting the software side working should be straight forward.
That said, I know almost nothing about python or programming in general so I'll understand if DMXIS isn't available for linux anytime soon. :oops:
mindbeet

Post by mindbeet »

This would be really cool. Just bought a Raspberry Pi 2 and having that hooked up to DMXIS and a midi controller would eliminate the need to internally sync Traktor & Live.
Callan05

Post by Callan05 »

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:43 pm Sure, if there were sufficient demand. Anyone else interested in this?
Hey Dave, did this ever get off the ground?
I thought I saw last week somewhere a download link, but now cannot find it anywhere.
Thanks,
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Callan05 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:00 pm I thought I saw last week somewhere a download link, but now cannot find it anywhere.
Thanks,
No, we've not yet ported anything to Linux.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Creepy

Post by Creepy »

Has anyone tried running the DMXIS software under Wine on Linux?
Now that Win7 is officially 'retired', I have to search for other options - I refuse to use Win10.

I'm a n00b on Linux, so I don't know what I'm talking about - Note: I will not be asking for a step by step (unless you offer! LOL) - but...is it possible? Theoretically? I'm not using the VST in Ableton thing - pondering direct control (MIDI Learn) from my sequencer to the DMXIS standalone because I've switched to a DAWless rig.
Callan05

Post by Callan05 »

Not sure why you're against win10, I use it all the time without issues. Much better then learning Linux from scratch to run your live shows.

Also, Win7 still works, it just doesn't get updates.
Disconnect it from the internet and you'll be fine - just never connect it again... Ever!
Of course, that means no more updates to software as well, so you'd need to be happy with what you have today