Trying to get the 2D Visualiser to work in Show Buddy A.

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
BruceA

Trying to get the 2D Visualiser to work in Show Buddy A.

Post by BruceA »

Right, after 2 days of pulling out what is left of any hair on my head, I only hope I haven't wasted my money!

First up - I can create, save and retrieve new fixture setups into SBA. I set up one as a moving head device. The sliders work and do their thing and operate the moving head according to the sliders via DMX, but the visualiser only shows the equivalent of a fixed head light and there is no movement like a Pan/Tilt. How do I turn the icon into one that operates like a Pan/Tilt light?

Where is the 3D visualiser located?

Next, when I open the fixture file to bring a new fixture into the 2D visualiser, it always opens 2 or more of the icons. I made up one for a fixed light and it came up with 10 of the damn things. All other times it brings up at least 2. The instructions says that you can delete the 'selected' icon ... and it removes everything from the visualiser screen - not the 'selected' icon!

There are a few other things, but I need to get this up and running soon - after 2 days I havent even started to make even a simple show!
Regards
Bruce
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Trying to get the 2D Visualiser to work in Show Buddy A.

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Hi Bruce,

This article (click here) explains how a fixture profile needs to be tweaked to work in the visualiser. However, if you continue to have problems, just email the fixture files over to me (dave@db-audioware.com) and I'll take a look for you.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon