Ableton/Showbuddy help

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
Gee

Ableton/Showbuddy help

Post by Gee »

Probably a common question but i'm at the last stage of what i need to get this where I need it...

I currently have show buddy active in Ableton as a plugin in the master track. I have two tracks of separated midi and an audio file (audio is routed to master). When I hit play, all midi notes fall in sync with audio visually. I have the midi routed to the enttec pro. Not sure why, but it doesn't seem like Ableton is sending the midi signal to the enttec. I can control the test light manually within showbuddy as a plugin in the master of Ableton. I just can't get it to respond to the premade midi note tracks at all. I have exhausted myself trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here... I have attached a screenshot - maybe someone can tell me what i'm doing wrong? pulling out my hair here hahahahahahaha. HELP!!
Screenshot.png
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Ableton/Showbuddy help

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Not sure what that Enttec DMX Pro device in your setup is. But you should route your two MIDI tracks to the Show Buddy Active plugin in the master track, like this...

Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 09.15.00.png
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Gee

Re: Ableton/Showbuddy help

Post by Gee »

Thanks a lot - solved everything! Lots of programming to do today! Again - Thanks very much for the quick response! :D