Show Buddy active - audio input

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
tieftonsack

Show Buddy active - audio input

Post by tieftonsack »

Hello :-)

Since I updated my computer system to Mac OS Ventura, show Buddy active no longer recognizes any input audio signal for automatic tempo detection.
Neither via the MacBook Pro built in microphone nor via a selected input of my sound card. I use the QuPac from all & Heath. The output of the audio signal however works fine.

Does anyone know this problem? Could it be due to the current MacOs?
Thanks for the answers :-)
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Show Buddy active - audio input

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Show Buddy Active doesn't have automatic tempo detection. Do you mean the 'Sound Tracker' on the Controls page, which is driven by the audio input?
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
tieftonsack

Post by tieftonsack »

Thank you for the reply and sorry for expressing myself inaccurately.

Yes, that is exactly what I mean.
I also don't see any input level in the preferences of Show Buddy active. Neither when I select the input audio channel of my sound card, nor when I select the MacBook Pro built in microphone and do handclaps. However, in the operating system settings (MacOS Ventura - 13.5.1) I do see an input level.

Also, I can no longer save BankTempos. All banks take over the last tempo entered. So if I enter 100 BPM as tempo for any bank, all other banks will adopt that tempo. I use SBA as standalone and not as a plug in.

I use Livetraker 4 to play my backing tracks for the band. Also Show Buddy Active is controlled by Livetraker via a midi file and IAC driver. Since I updated to the new operating system by a clean install of MacOS and fresh installation of all software, the autoplay function in SBA stops as soon as I press the play button on Livetraker. When I press the stop button in Livetraker, Autoplay in SBA starts again. Everything else, i.e. the direct control of the banks and presets via Midi on/off note works as usual. But when I want to switch to autoplay and select the click channel of my soundcard (QUPac - Allen & Heath) to automatically play the presets of a bank, SBA autoplay stops as soon as I start the playback of Livetraker. The chases run as usual, but SBA does not switch on.

All these problems have arisen only after the cleaninstall to the current operating system Mac OS 13.5.1. Before that, everything worked fine.

I hope it is halfway understandable what I mean. I apologize in advance. My native language is German and deepl helps me to translate. :-)

kind regards from Vienna
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

What version of SBA are you running? Have you tried the latest 2.1.8 beta?
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
tieftonsack

Post by tieftonsack »

I tried both versions available at dmxis.com.
Also latest 2.1.8 beta