Wireless DMX

PAngell44

Wireless DMX

Post by PAngell44 »

I imagine this is certainly possible. Sorry for the question if it’s obvious or discussed.

Can I have the pc controlling DMXIS and the hardware box off stage and have a wireless DMX Transmitter in the DMXIS box and a receiver in the first light fixture in the series? Have people been successful with this?
RichG

Re: Wireless DMX

Post by RichG »

Yes, that can be done. I've been doing it that way for around ten years now with great success.

There are a number of different DMX wireless solutions that will work. Go to eBay and look up 'wireless dmx'.

For best results, make sure the transmitter has a clear line-of-site to the receiver... but it will still work even if it doesn't.

I set up a Halloween light display in my house in the past using a transmitter plugged into a DMXIS USB box and then put lights in different rooms of the house. Each light had it's own wireless receiver. I put a mic near the doorbell chime. The mic went to a powered speaker that was near the PC running DMXIS. I set the Dimmer channels to be sound activated... so when the doorbell rang, the lights around the house lit up. It worked great!