dmxis sending midi by itself

kyrian

dmxis sending midi by itself

Post by kyrian »

My dmxis is blinking green and sending random midi signals whenever i plug it in, it will trigger my lights on and off without the software running.
I am running dmxis vst in ableton. when i do run the software it says connected but non of the controls change any dmx values in the lights and it keeps doing its random dmx patterns
I have tried unpluggin/ repluging, updating the software, restarting etc..

please let me know if have any ideas have a show coming up real quick!
thanks
kyrian
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: dmxis sending midi by itself

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

kyrian wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:15 am My dmxis is blinking green and sending random midi signals whenever i plug it in...
The DMXIS software (plug-in or standalone) never transmits MIDI. It only reads MIDI.
...it will trigger my lights on and off without the software running
If lights are triggering randomly when the DMXIS software is not even running, then this is most likely a hardware issue.

As a test - reboot your computer and plug in the DMXIS box before running ANY programs. Does your lighting rig start triggering?

Do you get the same issues with the DMXIS box connected to a different computer?
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
kyrian

Post by kyrian »

Sorry i meant it is sending dmx randomly not midi.

yes when i restart computer and open no apps it will still blink green/ trigger lights
I tried on another computer and same issue.
i tried connecting it to pro manager but it says no enttec device found.

do you think hardware is broken? any fixes or quick fix ideas?
gotta show tomorrow...
thanks
kyrian
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

When you first plug in the box, the two LEDs on the USB connector side should be solid green, and the LEDs on the other side should be off. If you see something other than this, it's most likely there is a problem with the box itself.

You could try plugging the box in via a powered USB hub (on the off chance this is a USB power issue)

If the LEDs look OK, it might be a problem with your lighting rig or the DMX cabling. Try connecting up one light at a time to find the culprit.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon