Show Buddy Setlist 1.8

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
Fretwizard

Show Buddy Setlist 1.8

Post by Fretwizard »

Hi Dave, I had a quick look on the forum today and was excited to see Showbuddy setlist 1.8 available.
Amazing I thought and quickly downloaded it. Hey his looks better I thought and then went about looking for all the new features.
I can’t find any? :?
I’m really disappointed that nothing has changed except for the UI. I really, really want to use this onstage but sadly still can’t due to lack of some basic features.
This could be the go to software for all solo performers and bands with a few additions. Everyone would use it because it would have no competition. Its so frustrating that it’s so close yet it’s been years since any significant upgrade. Please Dave, please, please give the world of gigging musicians what they need.
:(
Fretwizard

Re: Show Buddy Setlist 1.8

Post by Fretwizard »

Hi Dave, Just to add... Check out Stage Traxx 3. This kind of thing with the ability to add the light shows is the dream! :D
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

New features in 1.8 (compared to the previous 1.6.2 official release)
  • Added click tracks – a second independent stereo output.
  • Added View > Remote control window. Allows playback (start/stop, next/previous,
    rewind) to be controlled via keyboard or MIDI.
  • Add transport controls to set player (for touchscreen control of show).
  • Added fixed spacing (left-aligned) memos, for lyrics.
  • The live audio input can now drive sound-activated lighting effects.
  • New demo mode (fully functional apart from intermittent noise bursts)
  • Colour scheme can now be modified from Preferences window.
  • The resolution of exported MIDI files (in ppqn) can now be changed in Preferences.
  • Rebranded – Show Buddy is now Show Buddy Setlist
  • Compatible with the latest Windows and macOS releases
  • Compatible with the latest Show Buddy Active and DMXIS releases
Fixes in 1.8
  • Fixed looping bug (would sometimes exit loop unexpectedly).
  • Fixed drag & drop of audio files onto library panel.
  • Fixed import of m4a files on macOS 10.14
  • Fixed intermittent glitch at start of track, when autoplaying songs in a setlist.
  • Bugfix when Show Library contains only one show - clicking on the show name will
    always force the show panel to be become visible.
  • Fixed SQLITE_ERROR message when repositioning presets containing an apostrophe.
  • Bugfix - can now create memos (and perform quick lyric import) with extended special
    characters (e.g. Swedish å ä ö)
  • Bugfix – exported MIDI files now specify the correct tempo.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Fretwizard

Post by Fretwizard »

Hi Dave, Firstly let me say, I'm sorry if this mornings post came across as a bit grumpy and ungrateful but my hopes were high and then crushed. I was expecting a new version not an official release of the almost 3 year old 1.7 beta version.
I'm loyal to your brand and really wish I could use it. Its a great product (if only it did what i need it to do) I've been waiting patiently for years and I'm still hoping that maybe in the future we'll see a new version or a significant upgrade.
Many thanks Dave, Please don't give up on Showbuddy Setlist. :D

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:12 am The 1.7 beta is available upon request - contact support@db-audioware.com if interested.

SBS 1.7.0 release notes

New features
  • Name change to 'Show Buddy Setlist'.
  • Refresh GUI design to be consistent with SBA.
  • Backing track and live audio input now drive DMXIS/SBA sound tracker effects.
  • Added click track support (to a secondary stereo audio output).
  • Added fixed spacing (left-aligned) memos, for lyrics.
  • Add transport controls to set player (for touchscreen control of show).
  • GUI colour scheme can be modified from Preferences.
  • Added MIDI Learn window (cloned from SBA) and removed MIDI CCs from Preferences window. Shows can now be driven from MIDI notes, or from cheap USB foot pedals.
  • Fix loading of m4a audio files on macOS Mojave 10.14.
Bug fixes
  • Fixed intermittent glitch at start of track, when autoplaying songs in a setlist.
  • Fixed install issues on Windows (due to missing Visual Studio libraries).
  • When Show Library contains only one show, clicking on the show name will always force the -show panel to be become visible.
  • Fixed SQLITE_ERROR message when repositioning presets containing an apostrophe.
  • Can now create memos (and perform quick lyric import) with extended special characters (e.g. Swedish å ä ö).
  • Fixed looping bug (would sometimes exit loop unexpectedly).
  • Fixed drag & drop of audio files onto library panel.