Fixtures GONE !

AnotherBrick

Fixtures GONE !

Post by AnotherBrick »

I need some help from someone smarter then I . . . So some years back I developed hundreds of scenes on DMXIS for a Pink Floyd Show ( 1 full to the brim universe). But I haven't used my DMXIS in 5 years. Now pulling out the old light rig to start gigging again, I'm running into a couple problems. First, I loaded DMXIS onto a new computer along with my last (saved) show and all fixture files from my Old Laptop I used for shows.

Problem #1 When I boot up DMXIS on the Old Laptop I can't see several of my fixtures. Some fixtures show up, but not all of them. I can't tell where the program is accessing the fixture files from.
All the fixtures show up in the ( Program Files x86/Enttec/DMXIS/DmxLibrary ) And If I open the DmxConfig file stored in the SHOW folder I have loaded, I can see ALL my fixtures/addresses and their paths from the Program files DmxLibrary. They just don't show up in the open DMXIS console.
Not sure where else to look.

Problem #2 Simular, I also reloaded Everything from the Old laptop onto a new computer. This time NO Fixtures show up at all, just the numbers. This computer also has full fixture files in both the DmxLibrary and DmxConfig files.

Any help would be immensely appreciated ! ! !

Best Regards,

Bruce
RichG

Re: Fixtures GONE !

Post by RichG »

All of the fixture defining occurs in DmxConfig.xml. As long as the name is pointing to the correct file and that file exists then it should show up.

I would do a few things here:
1. Check your computer for multiple DmxConfig.xml files. Maybe DMXIS is looking at a different one than you're expecting.
2. Check the DmxConfig.xml file for content. Make sure file names are correct. As an example, here's what a typical line looks like in my DmxConfig.xml file:
<DmxFixture name="C:\Program Files (x86)/ENTTEC/DMXIS/DmxLibrary//AA_RCG/ADJ VBar 5ch.dmx" disp="[A1] ADJ VBar 5ch" from="353" to="357"/>
3. Check to see if DMXIS can see the fixtures. Run DMXIS, right click on any channel, Roll over to Fixture Library and see if your fixtures show up. If they don't then they are in the wrong directory.
AnotherBrick

Re: Fixtures GONE !

Post by AnotherBrick »

Thanks for the suggestions! I will try again first chance I get and report back. .