Downloaded Fixture, Cant Find It

Anything & everything relating to ENTTEC DMXIS.
Post Reply
zwhetstone
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Downloaded Fixture, Cant Find It

Post by zwhetstone » Fri May 15, 2020 4:04 pm

So, I went to the online fixture library to download some fixtures that are not in the program library. I got the Chauvet 4Play, it downloaded fine into a folder. I open all the tabs to where it even starts the program itself. I start the DMXIS program, right click on a channel to open the fixture library, and cannot find anything about the 4Play. Im probably missing something really simple, but can anyone help?

cgrafx
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Downloaded Fixture, Cant Find It

Post by cgrafx » Fri May 15, 2020 5:09 pm

you have to put the new fixture into the existing fixture library folder.

https://www.dmxis.com/creating-new-fixtures/

zwhetstone
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Re: Downloaded Fixture, Cant Find It

Post by zwhetstone » Fri May 15, 2020 7:21 pm

cgrafx wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:09 pm
you have to put the new fixture into the existing fixture library folder.

https://www.dmxis.com/creating-new-fixtures/

Where would I find this folder at? I dont see it anywhere. I just switched to Windows 10, so im sure that is my biggest issue here, lack of knowledge.

cgrafx
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Downloaded Fixture, Cant Find It

Post by cgrafx » Fri May 15, 2020 7:28 pm

This information was in the link included in my post.

Installing a new fixture file

Once you have a new fixture file (either downloaded from the online editor or created by hand) it must be saved into the DMXIS fixture library folder:

Windows: C:/Program Files (x86)/ENTTEC/DMXIS/DmxLibrary/
OS X : /Library/Application Support/ENTTEC/DMXIS/DmxLibrary/

zwhetstone
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Re: Downloaded Fixture, Cant Find It

Post by zwhetstone » Fri May 15, 2020 8:02 pm

cgrafx wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:28 pm
This information was in the link included in my post.

Installing a new fixture file

Once you have a new fixture file (either downloaded from the online editor or created by hand) it must be saved into the DMXIS fixture library folder:

Windows: C:/Program Files (x86)/ENTTEC/DMXIS/DmxLibrary/
OS X : /Library/Application Support/ENTTEC/DMXIS/DmxLibrary/
Still not working. I found the library folder. All it had in it was what I downloaded from the editor site, nothing of the fixtures that come in at default. I even downloaded that Crimson Editor it suggested, that's even more confusing. Do I need to reinstall DMXIS or something?

cgrafx
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Downloaded Fixture, Cant Find It

Post by cgrafx » Fri May 15, 2020 8:17 pm

Ok.. try these locations

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\ENTTEC\DMXIS
Vista & Windows 7/8/10: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\ENTTEC\DMXIS
OS X: \Library\Application Support\ENTTEC\DMXIS

The library should have a ton folders and fixture files in it.

Downloading the fixture file from the online library does not automatically add it to the application fixture folders you have to do that manually.

zwhetstone
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Re: Downloaded Fixture, Cant Find It

Post by zwhetstone » Fri May 15, 2020 11:29 pm

cgrafx wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:17 pm
Ok.. try these locations

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\ENTTEC\DMXIS
Vista & Windows 7/8/10: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\ENTTEC\DMXIS
OS X: \Library\Application Support\ENTTEC\DMXIS

The library should have a ton folders and fixture files in it.

Downloading the fixture file from the online library does not automatically add it to the application fixture folders you have to do that manually.
Found it! And I got it to work! Thank you for your help!

Post Reply