Chase with 4 Par Bars

Anything & everything relating to ENTTEC DMXIS.
chopperhontas

Chase with 4 Par Bars

Post by chopperhontas » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi there,
I'm using a KAM Power Party Bar (others are available) and whilst i don't have any issues setting up chases for the RGB colours (which are on individual faders) i'm not sure how to do this when i want for example a purple colour. In this case both the RB faders are in play, but i need to fix their locations per light. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

wayneakp

Re: Chase with 4 Par Bars

Post by wayneakp » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:24 pm

I have a KAM Party Bar with 4 lights - I hope I am correct in understanding that you want to chase a single colour along the bar? If so just set to RGB sliders to the colour you want and use the oscillator to chase the dimmers. I hope thats what you meant - Wayne

neilnotts

Post by neilnotts » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:52 pm

You need to set the colours up separately. First do the blues to chase from 0 to 100 then do the same chase with the reds from 0 to the desired level. Save it as a preset then start it running and they should chase your purple colour.
I am happy to go into the numbers if needed.
Hope that helps.

chopperhontas

Post by chopperhontas » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:58 pm

neilnotts wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:52 pm
You need to set the colours up separately. First do the blues to chase from 0 to 100 then do the same chase with the reds from 0 to the desired level. Save it as a preset then start it running and they should chase your purple colour.
Hope that helps.
Thanks Neil. I'll have a look at this! :)

chopperhontas

Post by chopperhontas » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:41 pm

neilnotts wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:52 pm
Hope that helps.
Neil,
Thanks for the suggestion but what i'm getting in a variance between pink, blue and purple. I think the colors on each lamp are oscillating against each other rather than staying together.
Any ideas?

Thanks

cgrafx

Post by cgrafx » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:04 am

set your red and blue channels to 50% and then with them both selected set your oscillator and they will track together.

chopperhontas

Post by chopperhontas » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:28 pm

cgrafx wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:04 am
set your red and blue channels to 50% and then with them both selected set your oscillator and they will track together.
OK that works thanks, but now i can only get all 4 on/off at once. Any idea how to make for example lights 1 & 3 come on then 2 & 4?

Thanks

cgrafx

Post by cgrafx » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:57 am

its a little tricky, as you have to set the chase value of the alternate lights to 50% one at a time.

So the steps would be

1. Select all the Red/Blue channels for all the lights you want to chase
2. Set the channel values to 127 (50%)
3. Set the oscillator for all the channels
4. Select each even-numbered Red/Blue channel one at a time and set the chase value to 50%

It can be a bit tricky selecting the individual channels while they are moving. Its important to make sure each channel level stays at 50%. You can drag the channel (even with the oscillator running) back to 50% and let go to set it to 50%.

chopperhontas

Post by chopperhontas » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:25 pm

cgrafx wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:57 am
its a little tricky, as you have to set the chase value of the alternate lights to 50% one at a time.

So the steps would be

1. Select all the Red/Blue channels for all the lights you want to chase
2. Set the channel values to 127 (50%)
3. Set the oscillator for all the channels
4. Select each even-numbered Red/Blue channel one at a time and set the chase value to 50%

It can be a bit tricky selecting the individual channels while they are moving. Its important to make sure each channel level stays at 50%. You can drag the channel (even with the oscillator running) back to 50% and let go to set it to 50%.
Sorry guys, just not getting it. when i select the individual red & blues as mentioned in point 4 they then go out of phase. No amount of dragging sliders sorts it.
Could do with some sort of combining of faders function in the software.