PROBLEM: "Offline - connect your DMXIS box!"

Anything & everything relating to ENTTEC DMXIS.
Adam

PROBLEM: "Offline - connect your DMXIS box!"

Post by Adam » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:27 pm

Yesterday i was working with the DMXIS without any problems at all. Today it wont connect, how many times i try with different stuff, reading forums and whatnot - it wont work. 

Im using Mojave for my macbook pro  (10.14.6)

And 1.6.9 DMX

I tried with the driver control which gave me this. (Serial FTDI driver not found on system)

I've been at it for like 5 hours straight but no solution.
Can someone please help me with this? I really like the product but if this cannot be resolved, i will return it. Thanks
//Adam

RichG

Re: PROBLEM: "Offline - connect your DMXIS box!"

Post by RichG » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:19 pm

Try reloading the DMXIS software. There's a portion of the installation where after DMXIS is loaded, the FTDI drivers are loaded. Sounds like that portion of the install was skipped... though that doesn't explain why it worked one day and not the other.

In any event, try a reload and watch for the portion of the install when the FTDI drivers are loaded.

mikepr

Post by mikepr » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:19 pm

I have the same issue. Did you get this fixed?

I'm been using my DMXIS box for a number of years and I think it's great but last week I plugged it in as usual and it would not connect. I just get the message "Offline - Connect your DMXIS box". The box is plugged in. I've tried multiple PCs (Windows 10 current build) and multiple USB cables to see if that is the issue but the message is the same. The device shows up in device manager so I know it is connected to the PC. I've tried 1.6.3 and 1.6.9 SW versions. All lights appear as the should on the DMXIS box. The connection light has a steady pulse: 2 flashes then 1 flash repeated steadily. When DMXIS is not running the light is solid.

Has my box malfunctioned - please help!

Thanks,

Mike

Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:09 pm

Can you detect and connect to the DMXIS box with the ENTTEC PRO-Manager?

https://www.enttec.com/product/controls ... o-manager/

If not, then there may be an issue with the box and you should contact support@enttec.com for help.

If PRO-Manager connects but the DMXIS software does not, then contact me at dave@db-audioware.com.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of DMXIS | D-Pro | Show Buddy | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon

mikepr

Post by mikepr » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi Dave,

Seems to be working fine after I reset the box using - ENTTEC PRO-Manager. I'll remember that if it happens again.

Thanks for the speedy response. Love the program. Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Mike