Showbuddy - the best thing since sliced bread!

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
ronnie saras

Showbuddy - the best thing since sliced bread!

Post by ronnie saras »

This is my first post on the DMXIS forums.

I have used DMXIS for several years now to run my Sydney, Australia based bands' light shows.
It has been very reliable and has been the backbone of over 100 shows. The GUI is intuitive and easily used while editing or playing.

Recently, I had to add an extra 40 songs to one of my shows. I initially cringed as I use Ableton Live and am not a great fan.
I had continued to use Live as I spent a great deal of time coding my show ( audio mainly with DMXIS controlled via the returns ) and there seemed no easy way to port my coding across to another
program easily or cheaply. Until I found SHOWBUDDY!...

Just by chance, I happened to check this site before having to start climbing my huge coding mountain. Knowing how good the DMXIS product is, along with knowing how impecable the support is, I jumped in feet first
and bought SHOWBUDDY. I not only coded my 40 songs in less than a quater of the time it would have taken me on LIVE, I re-coded all my other songs as well. It was VERY easy to do and any minor changes that I have needed to make since, can be very quickly done.

If you are considering buying software to not only control your lighting but be a comprehensive package to run your whole show - you can't go passed SHOWBUDDY for functionality, ease of use and value.

I know I sound like an infommercial, but I am very sincere and appreciative of having such a product available to me and believe the company deserves support in return.

I am happy to point anyone who is interested to a link that shows a little bit of what SHOWBUDDY / DMXIS can do. :)

Ronnie Saras
- The Matchbox 20 Tribute Show
- Band of Men