How to handle songs without a track in show

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
mpm32

How to handle songs without a track in show

Post by mpm32 »

Hi,

I've been busy programming our show using DMXIS and Show Buddy. We have a few songs that we don't use tracks on.

How does everybody handle the lighting during these songs in a set?

Thanks in advance!
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: How to handle songs without a track in show

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

You can switch banks/presets manually from the DMXIS window (within Show Buddy). In the past, I've done this remotely from an iPad running TouchOSC.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
mpm32

Post by mpm32 »

Thanks! Unfortunately we won't have someone to run the iPad.

Instead, I have created blank tracks and I will make presets that I will set to sound via DMX settings for the fixtures themselves.

I made the tracks 15 seconds long, and in the show, I set those tracks on repeat. I noticed that when you hit the space bar, that will end the repeat cycle and go to the next track.

I think this will work ok.

Does anyone know if you set a fixture for sound via DMX, do the sensitivity knobs on the fixtures themselves do anything? Or are they overridden?

I'm pretty sure that when you use the Sound settings(next to the oscillator) in DMXIS it uses the mic on the laptop, and when you set the channel/fader with the sound settings via DMX it will use the mic in fixture. Am I correct?
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

If you use a fixture's onboard sound activated mode (by enabling it via a DMX channel as documented in the fixture manual) it will use the mic on the fixture, and any sensitivity knob on the fixture will work.

In Show Buddy, the "Sound Tracker" DMXIS feature is driven by the backing track audio - so it won't do anything if you are looping silence.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
mpm32

Post by mpm32 »

Awesome! Thanks!

Excellent product!