time

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
Budge

time

Post by Budge »

Am I missing something obvious.
After importing an mp3 file into Showbuddy, I would like to position my lighting cues at certain points in time within that mp3. For instance, I want a song to start in darkness and at 7.25 seconds I want blinders full on. As it is, currently I can only get it approximately, Close enough that no one in the audience would notice which is good enough but I would like a better degree of precsion . As I said, am I missing something.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: time

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

You can zoom in on the waveform for accurate placement of cues. Drag the left/right edges of the zoom box under the main waveform. Or use the mouse wheel to zoom in & out. You can also right-click on a cue to quickly zoom in & out.

Check out this overview video for some basic Show Buddy guidance.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Budge

Post by Budge »

Hi Dave . Thats pretty much the way I've been doing it and as I mentioned its good enough for the audience.
Cheers
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

The techniques above should let you position your cues with millisecond accuracy.

If you find that the cues are moving after you place them, then it might be down to the encoding of your mp3 files. Try using an uncompressed format (wav or aiff) instead.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon