Showbuddy and DMXIS

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
u80s

Showbuddy and DMXIS

Post by u80s »

Hi all,

I'm a complete newbie to all this and DMXIS appears to my fresh eyes be a hardware dongle whereas Showbuddy is the music/light software - do I have that right?

I want to sync our click tracks to our DMX lighting but I already have a USB to MIDI adaptor and a little Chauvet Obey desk. Can I use my USB/MIDI adaptor to link Showbuddy (on a laptop) to the Chauvet Obey desk without using the DMXIS hardware?

Thanks for any help!

Regards

Ian
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Showbuddy and DMXIS

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Hi Ian,

DMXIS comes with a USB to DMX hardware adapter and the basic DMXIS control software. The DMXIS software is perfect for manually running your light show from a mouse, footswitch or MIDI controller. It also includes a VST & Audio Unit plugin, which allows you to control your lights directly from a DAW such as Cubase or Logic Audio.

Show Buddy is a separate software product which extends the capabilities of DMXIS. It plays your backing tracks, automatically runs your light show and optionally controls your MIDI equipment (e.g. guitar or vocal FX units).

You need to own the DMXIS hardware box in order to control your lights with Show Buddy. That's because the DMXIS and Show Buddy programs are tightly integrated. Show Buddy and DMXIS will not work with other USB to DMX hardware interfaces.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
u80s

Re: Showbuddy and DMXIS

Post by u80s »

Aw, that's a real shame - it does make it a expensive for the hobby musician.

Thanks for the quick reply though Dave, really appreciate it.

Regards

Ian