DMXIS Platinum 2.0.9 available for download

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
Dave Brown [admin]

DMXIS Platinum 2.0.9 available for download

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

DMXIS Platinum 2.0.9 is now available for download. Just start up the Platinum app with a live Internet connection - it should automatically detect the new release and take you to a unique download page.

Installation

This new release is recommended for all customers. No specific preparation is required, the 2.0.9 installer will automatically overwrite the old 2.0.7 release. No show data is modified by this release. Your license also remains intact.

However, as with all software upgrades, PLEASE BACKUP YOUR IMPORTANT DATA BEFORE PROCEEDING. Sorry for shouting, but you know backups make sense :-)

Features added
  • Added ‘Rename fixture’ button to the visualiser edit toolbar.
  • Visualiser now shows amber & white colour channels.
  • Added MIDI Learn button to master panel. You can now edit MIDI mappings within the plug-in.
  • When video window is opened, it positions itself on your primary monitor. You can now click the video button twice to find the video window if you lose it off-screen.
  • Improved scanning of fixture profiles. A greater number of old DMXIS fixture profiles will now work in the visualiser without additional modification.
  • Added a couple of hint dialogs on startup.
Issues fixed
  • Fixed random spike in CPU loads when quickly changing presets from MIDI or OSC control.
  • Fixed Master ‘Fade Time’ ON/OFF button. Was not reverting to the default preset fade times.
  • Fixed crash on startup (related to activating OSC within the Preferences window)
  • Video window icon on visualiser now reflects the current window state.
  • Pixel-mapping now triggers at the centre of fixture icons. Was previously triggering on top-left corner.
  • Fixed typo in startup message.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Studio-412

W fader not triggering with 2.0.8

Post by Studio-412 »

Dave,

My fixtures w/ a "W" channel are still not turning on the W fader when I place a white box over my 2d fixture map:

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 3.14.03 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 3.14.03 PM.jpg (73.09 KiB) Viewed 8645 times
Fixture file won't attach as .dmx or .zip, but I'll send it to your e-mail now so you can reference it.

----------------------------

I'm also having trouble getting my Wall Wash to report correctly. Maybe because there are four groups of RGB faders?

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 3.17.40 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 3.17.40 PM.jpg (39.1 KiB) Viewed 8645 times
That fixture file is in your e-mail as well.

Thanks for all your help - and great work with this software! I'm telling everyone I know about it.

-G
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 3.21.15 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 3.21.15 PM.jpg (9.58 KiB) Viewed 8645 times
Studio-412

Scenes Stuck

Post by Studio-412 »

I'm noticing a glitch where my scenes get stuck. I see it happening in the following scenario most often:

I click a scene in the bottom half of the perform window (in the OSC setup grid).
I then try to change scenes by selecting another from the upper window (the bank/scene display window) and it will show the scene selected with the blue bar - but the lights don't change.

It seems to be mostly when I choose a bank/preset further down the list. The first few banks seem to work better. Is anyone else experiencing this?

-G
TheUntalentedOne

Re: DMXIS Platinum 2.0.8 available for download

Post by TheUntalentedOne »

Getting "you are already running the latest version 2.0.7" Dave, same as happened with Showbuddy ........ MacBook Pro Sierra
xv28901

Post by xv28901 »

Unfortunately also get "You are already running the latest version 2.0.7", Win10Pro
Dave Brown [admin]

Apologies - 2.0.8 wasn't quite ready for prime time, I pulled it from the server to fix the above two issues (fixture display issue, bank/preset selection issue).

2.0.9 is being built now...
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: W fader not triggering with 2.0.8

Studio-412 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 pmMy fixtures w/ a "W" channel are still not turning on the W fader when I place a white box over my 2d fixture map
That's correct. With RGB/RGBA/RGBW/RGBAW fixtures, the effect engine drives only the RGB channels. For other fixtures with a master dimmer, the effects engine drives the dimmer channel.

If you adjust your Amber or White faders in the Controls page, that will be reflected in the visualiser.
Studio-412

Re: W fader not triggering with 2.0.8

Post by Studio-412 »

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:03 am
Studio-412 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 pmMy fixtures w/ a "W" channel are still not turning on the W fader when I place a white box over my 2d fixture map
That's correct. With RGB/RGBA/RGBW/RGBAW fixtures, the effect engine drives only the RGB channels. For other fixtures with a master dimmer, the effects engine drives the dimmer channel.

If you adjust your Amber or White faders in the Controls page, that will be reflected in the visualiser.
This is a big miss in my opinion. The whole point of the new effects screen (and ability to paint colors w/ boxes/images/shapes etc.) is that you don't need to mess with faders at all.

Additionally, you get the benefit of having a completely adaptive light show regardless of the stage setup at a particular venue. If my T Bar can't sit on the front of the stage - I move it in the 2D visualizer for that show, and presto - all the lights sync with wherever that set of fixtures happen to be that night.

I'm hoping you'll consider adding this functionality in a future version - I think it'd be a huge addition. I'm only getting half the brightness out of any of my fixtures with a W fader.

Also, simple icons or even the ability to draw boxes that could represent things on stage (drum area, singer, guitar amps, etc) would be very helpful in organization of shows.

Thanks for all your hard work on this! I really love it.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: DMXIS Platinum 2.0.9 available for download

2.0.9 release is now live. Get it via Help > Check for updates... in the Platinum application.
theremoteguy

Post by theremoteguy »

Having a few glitches. If I modify a preset and go to save, I am getting a"Please select preset" message. If I select the preset it only highlights momentarily so not staying selected. Edit: This is after I have saved once. I need to select another preset first then reselect for it to stay selected. Also white or amber still doesn't seem to be showing for me. This is in Logic and Standalone and Mojave. Also is there any chance that you can give us the ability to modify existing fixtures in the online editor? Quite a few need some restructuring to work with the new format. , and there is no way to do it without creating a new fixture all over again. Cheers.
Dave Brown [admin]

theremoteguy wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:50 pmHaving a few glitches. If I modify a preset and go to save, I am getting a"Please select preset" message.
Grab the 2.0.10 release :)