Grand Master behavior erratic in 1.3.0

dsiders

Grand Master behavior erratic in 1.3.0

Post by dsiders »

After upgrading to D-Pro 1.3.0, I am seeing an erratic behavior when using the Grand Master fader on Show Control. Using the Grand Master causes the color wheels on one of my fixtures to rotate during the dimming process. It does dim and brighten as expected, but the color wheel rotates too. The fixture has both a Colour channel and a Dimmer channel defined for the light. I did not see this with 1.2.X, but I thought it could be an error in the fixture definition (since I created it on fixtures.dmxis.com)

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Don
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Grand Master behavior erratic in 1.3.0

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Don,

In 1.3.0, any channels of type "dimmer" or "colour" will respond to Grand Master changes. This is to allow dimming of RGB fixtures which have no dedicated dimmer channel.

To fix the problem in this case, just go back into fixtures.dmxis.com and define the colour wheel as a "Control" channel. Then reimport your fixture into D-Pro from the patch window.

Dave.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
dsiders

Re: Grand Master behavior erratic in 1.3.0

Post by dsiders »

> In 1.3.0, any channels of type "dimmer" or "colour" will respond to Grand Master changes.
> This is to allow dimming of RGB fixtures which have no dedicated dimmer channel.

Thanks, Dave. I had my suspicions that this might be the case.

> To fix the problem in this case, just go back into fixtures.dmxis.com and define the colour wheel as a "Control" channel.

Done. Thanks again.

Don