If the 1.2.0 upgrade process appears to fail...

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
Dave Brown [admin]

If the 1.2.0 upgrade process appears to fail...

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Hi all,

It has been pointed out that the "upgrade database" process (when you first run Show Buddy 1.2.0) is misleading, and can give the impression that show data has been permanently lost. I would like to explain exactly how the upgrade process works, and reassure everyone that no data is actually being lost.

When you upgrade to Show Buddy 1.2.0, it displays this message on startup:
sb-upgrade.png
sb-upgrade.png (32.83 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
If you select "Upgrade Database", all will be well. However, if you (quite reasonably) select "Cancel" because you want to make a backup first (as the message urges you to), you then see this rather worrying message:
sb-upgrade-err1.png
sb-upgrade-err1.png (13.21 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
Followed by a completely empty Show Buddy main window. Panic may then set in as you believe your show data is gone. Do not worry, your original data is safe.

At this point, simply restart Show Buddy, and select the "Upgrade Database" button.

The confusion is down to a poorly worded message window on my part. The upgrade process automatically backs up your database, there's no need to ask you to do it manually. I'll fix this in the next release. In the meantime, my apologies for this usability slip-up!

Dave.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon