is this a major bug ??

ziggy

is this a major bug ??

Post by ziggy »

Hello
I noticed a very strange bug for all attributes; and I don't know how to handle it !!

say I create a pallet or a Cue for a group of fixtures (all the same model) with given attributes !!
how am I supposed to edit or affine attributes lateron for individual members of that group ??

because : after recalling a Cue or a pallet (or after applying a pallet to an individual fixture) every individual fixture gets all its attributes in the real life (on stage and by DMX) but in the programmer all attribute values are set to zero for individual fixtures !!!! so when I touch any slider this attribute goes immediately to zero also in DMX and real live....

after recording attributes for a group, the attributes show up for the whole group ; but don't show up for individual members of that same group !!
is this a bug or just a desired limitation of the software !

the question is : after having recorded any attributes for a given group of fixtures to a pallet or a cue; how can I modify some attributes for individual members of that group without resetting all attributes of that given fixture to zero.... ???

two examples : set a given Color for a group of 10 same fixtures and record it (Cue or Pallet)
but then I want to add just a bit of white or red to that basic color for only 4 fixtures; when touching a slider in the programmer all Colors go back to zero !!!

set a given position for a group of 4 same moving heads and record it (Cue or Pallet)
but then I want to affine just the position for two of them movers (say add a bit of tilt); when touching a slider or the pan/tilt pad in the programmer all Pan/Tilt Values go back to zero !!!

the only way to get out of this dilemma is not to record attributes to a given group but to every member individually one by one (to have individual lines in the programmer -> one line for every single fixture...!!).
is there any way to copy-paste all attributes in the programmer from one fixture to another ? (same model !!) - or in my example : copy-paste attribute values from one line to the other in the programmer ??
I saw that copy-paste is possible by selecting just one attribute at the time; but this is very painful (for exemple to copy-past colors attributes for 10 RGBWA fixtures, that makes 50 individual operations in the programmer.... that runs a man crazy... :cry: )