Feature request: display/layout default preferences

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
fiveafterfour

Feature request: display/layout default preferences

Post by fiveafterfour »

Have searched to see if this has been addressed, but don't see anything specifically on it.

I know the sections of the track edit and show display screens are size adjustable from the initial view. What I would love to see in Show view is the ability to set a 'preferred layout' where I can adjust how much screen width (perhaps none at all if desired?) is taken up by: the Track Library/Show Library column, the Song List/Timeline column, and the Track Info/Notes & Wave display column, and what level of 'zoom in' I've got on the wave file for a particular track...and have all of those adjustments either (a) become the new default view each and every time I boot up Show Buddy, or at the very least (b) retain the same width/allocation and (in particular) zoom level that I set in any given song for the remainder of that show and/or session in the software. Currently, if I zoom in on the wave file for a given song in track or show mode, when the next song is pulled up or starts, the view is back to entire wave file in the window-level.

Even without seeing the lighting cues present on the wave file as it is playing or without any cues being written/displayed, it is often the case that I can 'read' the wave file in times where I'm not as familiar with a song (just learned/first times playing, etc.) to know when changes are going to occur. Even just for comfort and a sort of security failsafe should something happen with my ability to hear the click and/or tracks (wireless IEM batteries die, for instance, which actually happened to me at rehearsal this week), I could still stay reasonably on click visually. This would be a welcome addition if possible.