suggestions for between song lighting

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
MacFender

suggestions for between song lighting

Post by MacFender »

I have been fading out lighting at the end of a song for the first gig that I used Show Buddy, and the next song would have a blackout and the lighting cues would start after the count off of the new song. A few people commented I should have some lights on between songs when speaking to the audience. Any suggestions out there on what you do? Keep lights up at the end of a song? Have lights on at the beginning before a song starts? Build a separate 'block' (with no audio) in a show to drop in between songs in a set list?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: suggestions for between song lighting

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Keep your fade-to-blacks at the end of each song, they always look cool :)

Just create a new "ambient" preset - with a little subtle light so your audience can see you. Drop that preset at the start (time 00:00) of every song in Show Buddy, with a gentle fade-up time of about 1s.

Show Buddy will play to the end of your song (fading to black). Then it will cue up the next song and immediately fade in the preset at 00:00 (your ambient light). Then it will pause, waiting for you to continue on footswitch.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
MacFender

Re: suggestions for between song lighting

Post by MacFender »

Great suggestion and pretty easy to do. I think that will work out perfectly. Thanks!