Cross fading between banks

ozzie

Cross fading between banks

Post by ozzie »

I am new to this forum.
I have recently purchased the DMXIS and was using it at a gig. While I have smooth fading between presets, I have no smooth fading between banks (in this case, each song in the set list is a separate bank).

Does anyone have advise/suggestion on how to set smooth fading between banks globally so the transition is not so abrupt?

Thanks,
NCN

Re: Cross fading between banks

Post by NCN »

Try starting off each bank with a preset that does "nothing" but set the "Fade to Next" value. In other words, the preset is created by the macro function "Disable All Channels", then go to the banks screen, set the "Fade to Next", and create the preset (maybe named "segue" or something).

In the alternative (if it's more convenient), a song's bank could END with such a "dummy" preset that sets the Fade value.

Of course you have to step through this dummy preset right to the first "active" preset in the bank. Merely changing banks does not execute a preset (including the first). Now this first "active" preset will run under control of the previously set Fade to Next.

While I understand (sort of) why Dave did Fade to Next the way he did, I also think there should be a "Fade to THIS" function as part of the CURRENT preset.