Copy fixture channel values to new fixture channels

Discuss macro programming, and post any new macros here!
Aaron

Copy fixture channel values to new fixture channels

Post by Aaron »

Hey all,

I'm looking for a way to add new fixtures to existing preset and copy settings from matching fixtures of the same type.

For example:

6 - 8Ch LED par cans (CH64-112)
now want to add 2 additional fixtures of the same type
2- 8Ch LED par cans (CH113-128)

Now the hard part: Copy all existing preset values for one fixture (say 64-72) to the new ones.

Like simple wash values of colors. To me the logic looks like this:

Copy Preset 1, ch64-72 to Preset 1 ch113-121
repeat for preset 2-50

Possible? Ideas?

I'm new to Python but not to scripting so be sorta gentle. =}
OUTLAW

Re: Copy fixture channel values to new fixture channels

Post by OUTLAW »

You can do this with the existing macro that comes with DMXis

On preset number one add your new fixtures, and set them manually to you required defaults, the select the new fixture channels, go to the global macros and choose, copy selected channels to all presets in current bank.
"if I'd have known I was gonna live this long Id have took better care of myself !!"
http://www.outlaw.fr
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Thanks for the reply Outlaw. I tried that already and it doesn't quite do what I need. The current built-in macro copies 1 value to all presets. I need to copy values that are unique in each preset to adjacent channels in the same preset.

For example.

Preset 1 - Ch 1-8 have values of xxx
Preset 2 - Ch 1-8 has values of yyy

Now copy
Preset 1- Ch1-8 to Preset 1 Ch 9-16 values of xxx
Preset 2- Ch1-8 to Preset 1 Ch 9-16 values of yyy

Make sense?
OUTLAW

Post by OUTLAW »

OK, gottcha now

So try this ... Ive tested it but not on live data, BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE RUNNING !!

Firstly select the group you want copied , then continue to select the channels where you want them copied to ...
You must have at least 1 non selected channel between the two groups and the number of channels in each group must be the same

So for example, you have a fixture on 9-16 and want it copied to 18-25, select all these channels leaving 17 unselected, then run the macro.

The macro will step through each preset in the current bank, copying its own channels 9-16 to 18-25.

Let me know if it works for you
Attachments
locally copy channels on all presets in bank.zip
DMXIS Macro copy preset local channels to new channels.
(1.05 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
"if I'd have known I was gonna live this long Id have took better care of myself !!"
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Outlaw,

You rock man! Thanks so much for throwing this one in there. I'll give it a whirl after this weekends show. This combined with another similar macro to "move" a fixture will be quite handy to not be so committed to channel ranges and fixtures. In my case handy for when I add more fixtures of the same kinds without all the reprogramming.

Woohoo!
joebataz

Post by joebataz »

Outlaw,

Out-F-ing-standing!!!!!!!!
I just added 8 wash fixtures and being a pain in the butt for detail, had to have them with the other washes. With 160 other channels after them. Thought it would take me DAYS to do this considering the several hundred presets I have across 18 or so banks. Under an hour! AN HOUR!!!

Many thanks!!!

Joe B
OUTLAW

Post by OUTLAW »

great news Joe :-)
mbirame

Post by mbirame »

I just tried this and I'm getting this error "ImportError: No module named itertools"
I'm brand new to these scripts so any tips would be really helpful. Thanks!
OUTLAW

Post by OUTLAW »

itertools is normally a standard Python library module, if the script cant find it then for some reason its not installed on the version you are using ... perhaps dave will confirm that the newest releases of DMXIS are still being compiled with this module active !!
Advocat666

Post by Advocat666 »

Thank you very much! Great preset!

BUT:

It seems you can only copy in one direction (like this: --->)
What can i do, to copy in the other direction (like this: <---)?

More specific:

When you highlight your source channels, for example 8,9,10; and want to send them to channels before the source, in my case 1,2,3 (wich are empty), it copys the empty channels 1,2,3 to 8,9,10. Need to do the other way round :?:
badbeaches

Post by badbeaches »

mbirame wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:09 am I just tried this and I'm getting this error "ImportError: No module named itertools"
I'm brand new to these scripts so any tips would be really helpful. Thanks!
I know this post was from a while back but I am also getting this ImportError message and I can't seem to figure out why It's not working. This macro would save me TONS of time, I just need to get it to work! Thanks!!
kallepaa

Post by kallepaa »

You should be able to copy-paste to any direction with this macro:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2863
isolated1523

Post by isolated1523 »

OUTLAW wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:50 pm OK, gottcha now

So try this ... Ive tested it but not on live data, BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE RUNNING !!

Firstly select the group you want copied , then continue to select the channels where you want them copied to ...
You must have at least 1 non selected channel between the two groups and the number of channels in each group must be the same

So for example, you have a fixture on 9-16 and want it copied to 18-25, select all these channels leaving 17 unselected, then run the macro.

The macro will step through each preset in the current bank, copying its own channels 9-16 to 18-25.

Let me know if it works for you
Outlaw this works great!! But -- any way you can tweak the macro to perform the action across all banks in the show, not just the current bank? Thanks!
kallepaa

Post by kallepaa »

Have you tried the macro I mentioned in my previous post. It is not as handy as OUTLAW's but it should do the trick.
It copies and pastes using separate macros and the clipboard is stored in a file.
So you should be able to copy and paste channels from a bank to another or even from a show to another.