Quick Housekeeping Question - moving tracks

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
chopperhontas

Quick Housekeeping Question - moving tracks

Post by chopperhontas »

This isn't about moving full librarys and shows to a new machine (I've done that before), its about moving tracks on the machine.

Before I properly understood the software I had tracks saved in mulitple folders (for example Desktop, New Tracks, First Set, etc). All of these tracks now have MP3 and DMXIS files, but I want to put them all in one folder, and as such New Track Library Folders in Showbuddy. I thought it would be as easy as copying both files to the track directory folder (in the Showbuddy/Media Files) location. I hoped the software would recognise them when I booted it up, but it doesn't. I can import the MP3 track, but it doesn't pull the DMXIS data through. If I try to import the DMXIS file nothing happens.

Its not a critical issue, but I'd just like to clean the file structure up. So if anyone knows what to do can you let me know.

Thanks
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Quick Housekeeping Question - moving tracks

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

You can do this with the latest Show Buddy Setlist 1.9.4 release. Select one or more tracks in the library, then choose [Tracks > Move selected tracks...] from the main menu.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
chopperhontas

Post by chopperhontas »

Thanks Dave. I've been holding off installing whilst it was in the Beta phase but will upgrade now.

Ian
chopperhontas

Post by chopperhontas »

Just done it Dave. Great tool and will make life a lot easier.

One little question though, at some point would it be possible to keep the track folders not being used collapsed? Its a minor little thing that doesn't really matter, so feel free to ignore me! :)