How do you use videos

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
chopperhontas

How do you use videos

Post by chopperhontas »

Sorry that this is a really broad question. I’ve been using Showbuddy for years and recently taken the plunge to get the video output. Problem is I have no idea how to use it. I can’t see anything on YouTube, or in the manual or this forum.
I’m just planning to run some videos or even project still images but can’t see how to set it up or add each video.

Help please!!!!
Thanks
chopperhontas

Re: How do you use videos

Post by chopperhontas »

OK so after trawling the forum i managed to find out how to do this. Now i know how, its so obvious, but the 'add video' button isn't where i would have expected it to be (down at the bottom right of the screen). So for anyone like me that couldn't see how to do it the guide is below. Would be handy to have this in the instructions/manual though!

Thanks

Click the visualiser 'monitor' icon to open the video window
In the Effects tab, click 'Video' to add a new video layer.
Click 'Load video' and select your VP8 formatted video. (It starts playing immediately in the video window)
Adjust the size & position of the video layer in the visualiser. Check it looks good in the video window. (You can adjust video window resolution & frame rate in the Preferences window)
Switch OFF the "Lights" toggle (under the Mix slider). You only want this video to be projected, not used to pixel-map your DMX lights.
Save as a new preset.
Now you need to prevent your lighting presets from stopping your video playback.
Load a lighting preset.
Click the "FX ON" button (in the Effects tab) so that it reads "FX OFF".
Save the preset.
Repeat for each lighting preset which will be used in the song.
This disables the effects engine in your lighting presets, preventing those presets from stopping your video playback.

Now in Show Buddy Setlist, you can drag your video preset to 00:00 in your backing track, and drag in your lighting presets as normal.