Override show with manual control board

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
camarok

Override show with manual control board

Post by camarok »

Hey all,

With our presets running through Cubase, we are looking to do some ad-hoc fillers or cover songs that don't need a full time coded light show and was thinking of getting a light board to override / control lights for these shows / scenes.

It is my understanding that this should work without interference but I can't seem to find a proper answer.
Thanks! :geek:
~ Kevin
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Override show with manual control board

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Assuming you are using the Show Buddy Active plugin within Cubase, you can use any external MIDI controller (e.g. an Akai MPC Mini) to manually control the SBA plugin during songs which are not fully programmed.

Just make sure Cubase passes the incoming MIDI data onto the SBA plugin. (The display in the SBA plugin will confirm in realtime if it is receiving MIDI messages)
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
camarok

Re: Override show with manual control board

Post by camarok »

OH cool ok that makes sense. Thank you so much this will help any of the covers and non time coded shows we have. I think we'll make a bank for manual control, pre-program a dozen or so scenes so we can just manually make it happen, then let the the track continue and pick up the next bank to the time coded song. :mrgreen:
~ Kevin