Ableton Live & Midi Bank / Preset Selection

RichG

Ableton Live & Midi Bank / Preset Selection

Post by RichG »

To select Banks and Presets in Ableton Live I can set up two channels- one for Ch 15 and the other for Ch 16. Is there a way to combine these tracks into one that will preserve Ch information? I'm using the Intro version of Ableton and need to keep my channel count to no more than 16.

Or maybe there's a better way of doing Bank & Preset selection? I was thinkin of sending Program Changes and Bank Changes on the specified Midi channel under Midi Features.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Ableton Live & Midi Bank / Preset Selection

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Yes, you can use a single channel to control both banks & presets. In this example, the lowest two octaves of Ch 4 controls banks, and the next two octaves controls presets.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 08.04.52.png
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
RichG

Post by RichG »

Excellent tip, Dave. Thank you!
mealticket6720

Post by mealticket6720 »

Dave,

I have the same need to have banks/presets on a single MIDI channel. However, I'm not seeing the options referenced in your screenshot in Show Buddy Active v2.1.6 "Preferences" menu...only MIDI settings available pertain to the "Performance button panel" section.

Please advise.
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

mealticket6720 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:55 am I have the same need to have banks/presets on a single MIDI channel. However, I'm not seeing the options referenced in your screenshot in Show Buddy Active v2.1.6 "Preferences" menu...only MIDI settings available pertain to the "Performance button panel" section.
To get these MIDI options in Show Buddy Active, just upgrade to the latest 2.2.6 beta.

(This thread was specifically about the old DMXIS software)
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon