More Than Stereo Out Possible?

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
codycomposer

More Than Stereo Out Possible?

Post by codycomposer »

Hi there,

We use Show Buddy to play our backing tracks and run our light show. Currently we're only able to run a mono signal to our mains because our drummer uses a click track and vocal cues, which occupy the left channel (right channel contains all backing tracks and goes to the mains).

I'd really love to be able to send a stereo signal to the mains and the click track to an "output 3"… is that possible in Show Buddy, or does it only have stereo out?
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: More Than Stereo Out Possible?

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

The official Show Buddy Setlist 1.8.1 release (and the latest 1.9.2 beta release) have a second stereo output for click tracks, in addition to the primary stereo output. You can grab the installers from www.dmxis.com/download

You will need to first activate a second stereo output in the Preferences > Audio/MIDI Devices.

Then, just load up a song from the Track Library, press the "Click track..." button and choose your secondary stereo track. I recommend you use exactly the same audio format and file length and the main stereo track, to guarantee perfect sync during playback.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
codycomposer

Post by codycomposer »

That's great news, Dave!

As a follow up, how would you get both stereo outputs out of the computer? Something like a USB audio interface with 4 inputs/outputs?
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

codycomposer wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:22 pmAs a follow up, how would you get both stereo outputs out of the computer? Something like a USB audio interface with 4 inputs/outputs?
Yes, exactly. Something like a Behringer UMC204HD or Focusrite Scarlett 4i4...
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon