Download older version

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
Andreas Holt

Download older version

Post by Andreas Holt »

I have updated to the newest version of Show Buddy Active and found out, that support for DMXIS footswitch functionality has been removed in version 2.1.0. I need this feature, and I don't have an usb footswitch, I can use instead.

Where can I download an older version, to get the functionality back?
razberri

Re: Download older version

Post by razberri »

Were you ever able to figure this out (footswitching) ? I have the same issue, don't feel like investing into MIDI foot hardware to switch scenes, I really liked the simplicity of a momentary footswitch for up/down scene changes. So I'm still using the older Show-Buddy version. But at some point I'll need to overhaul everything to the different way of switching, and I'll just move over to Enttec EMU.
Andreas Holt

Post by Andreas Holt »

I ended up using with a really awkward solution, where I used a drum module to translate my footswith to midi. I hve since then bought a usb footswith, that I use now.
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

razberri wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:43 pm Were you ever able to figure this out (footswitching) ? I have the same issue, don't feel like investing into MIDI foot hardware to switch scenes, I really liked the simplicity of a momentary footswitch for up/down scene changes. So I'm still using the older Show-Buddy version. But at some point I'll need to overhaul everything to the different way of switching, and I'll just move over to Enttec EMU.
You don't need an expensive MIDI footswitch - Show Buddy Active works well with any standard USB foot switches. The following twin pedal is under £25 (UK sterling) on Amazon :
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 09.57.53.png
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon