Masking or No?

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
jzimmem

Masking or No?

Post by jzimmem »

Hi all, I could really use some help here, I have a show coming up in two weeks and I would like to do is the following based on the attached diagram:

- Items in Blue are fixtures, doesn't matter what ones just individual fixtures
- Fixtures with in the orange boxes I would like to control as a "group"
- I want to simply set the dmx channel for each fixture as respond to music according to each fixtures dmx spec, or sine or saw effect if I want to get fancy
- I want to turn each orange grouping or combination of orange groups on or off with a midi keypress assigned to a scene

Am I nuts? Could really use a hand here. Willing to pay via Venmo or other for guidance...

Thanks
Mike

Attachments
lights.JPG
Quentin

Re: Masking or No?

Post by Quentin »

I don't know about using midi, but I use masking in this way. Set up presets with only the channels for one of your 'groups' active and all others inactive. My guess is they would have titles like "par cans red", "par cans magenta", "strip blue" etc. You could drag them onto SBA performance buttons or, I hope, call then using midi. You could also have some "complete" presets with a nice overall look as otherwise you would only be able to change the look stepwise. Good luck!
jzimmem

Post by jzimmem »

Thanks you Quentin! When you mention change stepwise, could you give an example of how to make the "stepwise" change?
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

With banks of presets that only work on one of your "blocks" - to change the overall look of the stage you would need to choose one preset for each block - parcans, strip, laser, etc. If you like the outcome you could then run the "enable all channels" macro and then save the preset - which would jump to that "look" with a single click/button/ - or maybe midi(?)