USB MIDI interfaces

geoffchartier

USB MIDI interfaces

Post by geoffchartier »

I am trying to use a wired USB MIDI interface for controlling D-PRO. However, every time I go into D-PRO settings and set the interface as an input device, D-PRO locks up immediately (can't even get out of the settings window) and crashes. I have a different brand of interface coming in the mail today just in case it's that specific one that is causing the problem, but does anyone have any ideas? (Windows 10, latest D-PRO version, connected directly to the PC- not through a hub)

P.S.- extra credit if anyone can help me utilize my other Yamaha MD-BT01 (Bluetooth MIDI interface) instead. I know the problem there is with Windows 10, but I'd still like to use this one if I can make it work!

Thank you!!
geoffchartier

Re: USB MIDI interfaces

Post by geoffchartier »

Update! The crash issue persists and I've been able to recreate it on multiple computers with help from ENTTEC tech support themselves. It occurs when any MIDI interface is connected. I even tried using TouchOSC Bridge (software MIDI interface) and it still crashes just the same as a USB MIDI interface.

Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with the developer at support@db-audioware.com? I'm trying to reach them because that's what ENTTEC told me to do but I'm not getting any response. It would be a shame to have bought this software 6 months ago only for it to be not fully functional in such a basic way!