Show Buddy Active TouchOSC Address

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
Gtrzan99

Show Buddy Active TouchOSC Address

Post by Gtrzan99 »

Greetings,

I am looking to switch from DMXIS to Show Buddy Active. Currently, I use DMXIS on a PC with TouchOSC on a tablet to run my lights. I am evaluating the demo version of SBA and need to know

1) Does the demo version transmit/receive data via TouchOSC, if not that's fine and would explain why it won't connect (maybe...see Q2)
2) What is the address line in TouchOSC Messages>OSC to talk with SBA on PC? Using DMXIS it is /dmxis/ch/243, for example

Thanks for the assist.
Mark W.
Gtrzan99

Re: Show Buddy Active TouchOSC Address

Post by Gtrzan99 »

Well,

Sometimes overthinking things just doesn't work. Here is what I discovered:

Per the User's Manual (I swear I read it...) the command line is /sba/ch/...'sba' being the key here. it will NOT work if you use /SBA/ch/...

However, using /dmxis/ch/... works to change the banks and presets in SBA on my laptop, but TouchOSC on my tablet would not receive those changes until I made the object /sba/ch/...

YMMV

Looking forward to getting into SBA

Regards
Mark
ojacques

Post by ojacques »

Gtrzan99 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:47 am However, using /dmxis/ch/... works to change the banks and presets in SBA on my laptop, but TouchOSC on my tablet would not receive those changes until I made the object /sba/ch/...
Thanks for that! Reading the documentation (https://www.dmxis.com/release/SBA/Show% ... Active.pdf), I could not figure out why my TOUCHOSC layouts were sending commands but not displaying labels. /sba/ did the trick.
DMXIS since 2015, Show Buddy Active since 9/2019.
Gtrzan99

Post by Gtrzan99 »

Hello,

I have a 2U license and use TouchOSC to control SBA. Until now I have only needed to use one universe and the string address is /sba/ch/XXX for what fader I need to control So, now that I need to dive into the second universe, what string do I use to control Universe 2?

Regards,
Mark