Same DMX address for multiple fixtures?

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
Quentin

Same DMX address for multiple fixtures?

Post by Quentin »

Apologies if this has been asked or answered before. It's possible to have two (or more) identical fixtures on the same DMX address, so they work as one. Is it possible to display this in the visualiser ... every new fixture comes in on a new address and I can't see how to set/edit the DMX address?
Eifaeon

Re: Same DMX address for multiple fixtures?

Post by Eifaeon »

HI,

I asked this in the Facebook group and was told it's not possible.
MatFin

Post by MatFin »

Hi,
I posted this as well. I have two sets of lights situated on each side of the stage. They are both set to the same DMX start address and therefore duplicate the light scene on each side of the stage. In SBA I can only create one set of lights as there does not seem to be way of duplicating the same start address for two or more light fixtures. I'm not sure that SBA allows this as each lighting fixture requires a new start address.

So if I use SBA I think it would mean that I would have to edit each of the lighting scenes I have created (with the light fixtures on the same start address) so that the second set of lights would respond to a different start address even though the light scene is the same as the first light fixture.
If there is a fix I would be grateful to receive it.
MatFin
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

You wouldn't need to change anything for your rig to work how you want, just the visualiser will only show half the fixtures. If your rig is "mirrored" then the visualiser might show enough for you to work out new presets.
MatFin

Post by MatFin »

Thanks for your reply Quentin. This confirms what I was thinking.