Wireless DMX Lag

scott823

Wireless DMX Lag

Post by scott823 »

I am sometimes seeing lag when I go from scene to scene. I use the Donner transmitter with 7 receivers. It just recently starting having problems but it's intermittent. When the problem occurs, sometimes it will take seconds for lights to change.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
RichG

Re: Wireless DMX Lag

Post by RichG »

I also use DMXIS with Donner receiver/transmitters. Lag happens when the receivers aren't getting a good signal from the transmitter. Try to reposition the transmitter to see what happens... also try moving the transmitter antenna around. It might have a bad connection.

I'm not sure of your setup, but you could also try adding a DMX terminator at the end of the line to improve the signal to noise ratio.

Edit: The wireless DMX system operates at 2.4 GHz. Other 2.4 GHz can sometimes cause interference. Check to see if any band members have started using a digital wireless system or if a router is nearby. If that's the case, take a look at the receiver's blinking LED. If it blinks slowly or intermittently when the other wireless source has been turned on, then that is the culprit.