Trying to Switch all my shows from PC to MAC

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
Louis ROTP

Trying to Switch all my shows from PC to MAC

Post by Louis ROTP »

Hello there,

I have just purchased a mac to use for the live work. I am currently using a Dell Laptop. I have followed all the instructions on how to export and reimport and it doesn't appear to be working.

As all the tracks are red, I have fixed that part easy enough. But the biggy is that the light shows aren't there. :?

Is it possible to switch all my shows/ data/ light settings etc from a pc to mac? If so, what am I not doing right?

Please help!
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Trying to Switch all my shows from PC to MAC

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Louis ROTP wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:42 pmAs all the tracks are red, I have fixed that part easy enough. But the biggy is that the light shows aren't there....
You just need to select File > Backup Database... on the Mac, then File > Restore from backup... on the PC. Also, copy across all your DMXIS and/or Show Buddy Active data.

Note you won't see lightshows for red tracks until you copy the missing audio files into the media folder specified in Preferences.

If you've done all that and still have problems, please email your .dbb backup file to dave@db-audioware.com and I'll check it out.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Louis ROTP

Re: Trying to Switch all my shows from PC to MAC

Post by Louis ROTP »

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:18 pm
Louis ROTP wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:42 pmAs all the tracks are red, I have fixed that part easy enough. But the biggy is that the light shows aren't there....
You just need to select File > Backup Database... on the Mac, then File > Restore from backup... on the PC. Also, copy across all your DMXIS and/or Show Buddy Active data.

Note you won't see lightshows for red tracks until you copy the missing audio files into the media folder specified in Preferences.

If you've done all that and still have problems, please email your .dbb backup file to dave@db-audioware.com and I'll check it out.
Thanks Dave. :)