Dmxis will no longer save presets

Erin Kennington

Dmxis will no longer save presets

Post by Erin Kennington »

At the theater that I work at, we have two separate instances of this program. And two interfaces. On two separate computers. At a certain point they both stopped being able to save new presets. And shows/ scenes. Is there a limit on the amount of memory or cache? They still function properly except for this. We have tried to delete scenes etc. But it doesn't matter. If I make a new preset when I exit the program and turn off the computer it will retain the same settings as it has previous to the new saves. Is it to do with permission or user profile on the computer ? Full cache? Wrong save directory? Any suggestions?
LSUDoc2012

Re: Dmxis will no longer save presets

Post by LSUDoc2012 »

Agreed. I myself updated to 1.7.4 and now I cannot change or create new presets. Any word on a fix? A rollback to 1.5.7 (the version I upgraded from which has worked without problems for years) did not help.
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

What version of Windows or macOS are you using?
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
LSUDoc2012

Post by LSUDoc2012 »

I am using Windows 10 Home, version 21H2, install build 19044.1766

Interestingly enough, I went ahead and downloaded Show Buddy Active since it works with the DMXIS USB interface. Unfortunately, it is exhibiting the same issues...after you manipulate a preset within a bank it "doesn't take"...almost like I am overlooking a SAVE function. I know one doesn't exist and the changes are supposed to be permanent until manipulated again but that is not the case. I even tried a to create a new show from scratch thinking it was something inherently wonky with the DMXIS to Show Buddy import but no....even the presets in a new show aren't "sticky" and revert to their previous values when moving on to another preset or bank. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I stand corrected...Show Buddy does have a SAVE button. It is working as expected. But DMXIS still does not behave as expected.
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

DMXIS bank & presets are stored as simple folders & files on your disk. If you cannot create or save them, it's most likely that your Windows user account does not have permission to modify files in those folders.

The default show is here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\ENTTEC\DMXIS\Presets
Your custom shows are here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\ENTTEC\DMXIS\Presets\Shows
Preset "Flash All" in bank "Chases" of the show "My Show" is this file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\ENTTEC\DMXIS\Presets\Shows\My Show\Chases\Flash All.prt

So, the first thing to check is that your Windows user has permission to modify the relevant show folders & files.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon