Can I still use my old "blue" Hardware?

jesseelledge

Can I still use my old "blue" Hardware?

Post by jesseelledge »

I'm getting my lighting rig back together. I plugged everything in to see if it all still works. I was able to download the DMXIS Software, but it is not picking up the blue box (ENNTEC DMX USB Interface). Has support for this hardware stopped or can I still use it? If so, what are some reasons that the blue box would not work on my new Mac Book Air?
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Can I still use my old "blue" Hardware?

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Your blue DMXIS box should work absolutely fine with all the latest MacBooks.
What is the status of the 4 LEDs on the box when you connect it?
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
jesseelledge

Re: Can I still use my old "blue" Hardware?

Post by jesseelledge »

Restarted the mac and all the stuff connected. Just needed a fresh restart. However, I noticed that the dimmers aren't functioning properly. I'm not sure if we're missing something, but when we select a fixture and attempt to use the oscillator, the knob selections for oscillation are either blurred out or don't work.

Also, all of our old banks and presets were still in the software (I found that strange but I guess they are stored in the hardware?). We attempted to erase everything and start fresh.

When we reassigned our lights to the channels, the dimmer switch would automatically kick off the color switches (but only on the assigned fixture). Super weird and not anything I remember dealing with when we first used the product. Does any of this sound familiar to you?