What do I need to run Capture

andyp13

What do I need to run Capture

Post by andyp13 »

I would like to run Capture visualiser software. I use DMXIS, do I need any other hardware to be able to use DMXIS and Capture.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: What do I need to run Capture

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

No other hardware required, just set DMXIS to transmit Art-Net data, and set Capture to receive Art-Net data.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
andyp13

Post by andyp13 »

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:52 am No other hardware required, just set DMXIS to transmit Art-Net data, and set Capture to receive Art-Net data.
Excellent thanks...
andyp13

Post by andyp13 »

Could someone please explain how to use capture with DMXIS -
I have the MIDI file running in Cubase with the Enttec dmxid plug in. I read that I also have to have the DMXIS programme running also but It does not work with two apps running????
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

andyp13 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:15 amI read that I also have to have the DMXIS programme running also...
That's incorrect.

First, enable Art-Net output in the DMXIS standalone app (under the Preferences window). Then CLOSE the DMXIS standalone, and open Cubase. At this point, the DMXIS plug-in will be transmitting Art-Net directly from inside Cubase.

(Note that you DO need to keep your DMXIS hardware box connected at all times, even when you're only transmitting Art-Net data)

At this point, you can use my free ArtNetMon utility (available from dmxis.com/download) to verify that the DMXIS plug-in is transmitting Art-Net data, before attempting to startup & configure Capture.

Assuming you see the Art-Net data, you can then open the Capture app, and configure it to receive Art-Net.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
andyp13

Post by andyp13 »

Great thanks.
Someone built me a project file using capture so I can run it with my DMXIS, worked great...need a few more adjustments still...such a shame that there’s no visualiser with DMXIS...🤷‍♂️ Seems that would solve problems for quite a few folk who use DMXIS
RichG

Post by RichG »

andyp13 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:12 pm such a shame that there’s no visualiser with DMXIS...🤷‍♂️ Seems that would solve problems for quite a few folk who use DMXIS
Show Buddy Active has a visualizer.