Library for lighting kit

gsc1ugs

Library for lighting kit

Post by gsc1ugs »

The library for my KAM par kit WFS is not in the fixture library can you tell me what is equivalent or where and how to add it?
gsc1ugs

Re: Library for lighting kit

Post by gsc1ugs »

For more information i was using an unbranded one that worked on d0001 and usd the library kam led par 56 so once i plugged the KAM kit in nothing works set the same d0001 and set to master. I have 2 sets and used them as sound to light but now im programming the lights i need a setup for the dmxis
gsc1ugs

Post by gsc1ugs »

Seems like its just me here - found the library fixture here http://fixtures.dmxis.com/ but mine not in it, i have got some communication to the lights just strolling through a few but only getting, REDS not getting BLUE OR GREEN just shades of reddy purple and red's - not sure where to go now?
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

You'll need the DMX configuration information for the light. It should be in the user manual.

Without that info you won't really be able to do much since you will just be guessing at what channels do what.

Some lights have a very simple DMX channel assignment and some are very complex along with having potentially multiple personalities (different channel modes).

For example my Chauvet Colorado Solo has 4 personalities that range from 9 to 17 channels.

At the other extreme my Chauvet Maverick MK2 has personalities that range from 20 to 146 channels for a single fixture.

So you'll do two things, check and set the fixtures personality (which will define the specific DMX channels the light will use) and then either find a matching or similar light in the fixture library, or create a fixture definition for your specific configuration.
gsc1ugs

Post by gsc1ugs »

Thanks for that advice, i have manual here it seems they are just Rgb 0-255 and looking at the fixture that has
my lights triggering wrong colours is very simple

https://www.getinthemix.com/c/download. ... 60&group=1
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

looking at the manual, the lights support three DMX personalities.

3 channel - which is not RGB, but rather a bunch of automated lighting modes

4 channel - which is RGB, but with an odd master fader that dims but also affects strobe and the audio mode

20 channel - which gives you RGB, Fader and strobe control of each of the 4 lights.

So you have to set the light into one of those modes and then create a library template to match.

The simplest mode will be 4ch mode. To test, set the light to 4ch mode, set the DMX address to 1 and the first four faders of the DMXIS app will control R, G, B, and Master fader (0 to 191) or (all on from 250-255)
gsc1ugs

Post by gsc1ugs »

Thanks for reply, yes, 4ch is the mode i want so 4 flood same colour. Ive looked at mega led 4ch by americadj which does make my lights do the R G B and a dimmer on 4th fader but my midi is triggering out of sync using the unbranded led do i need to use dmxis and set to different faders to match or a brand new library
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

The underlying architecture of the way DMX works and in particular DMXIS works is there are 512 faders that control the DMX value of each of the 512 channels. For our purposes here, they operate on a strictly 1-to-1 basis. Channel 1 fader controls DMX channel 1, Channel 2 fader controls DMX channel 2, etc, etc.

Fixture templates from the fixture library for the most part, don't do anything other than label the individual faders so you know what they control.

There is some additional functionality that DMXIS makes use of based on meta data associated with each of the labels, but by and large they are really mostly just the virtual/electronic equivalent of a roll of marker tape and labels on the bottom of a bunch faders that control individual DMX channels.

If you set your lights to 4 channel mode and set the starting address to 1, than faders 1-4 will control the lights. It doesn't matter if you load a light fixture template or not, the faders will function in the same manner.

Fader 1 - Red
Fader 2 - Grn
Fader 3 - Blu
Fader 4 - Master dimmer when moved from values from 0 to 191, and then it does other things.

You'll have to be more specific when you talk about Midi as that is a function external to DMXIS.

Regardless, your going to want to get a light specific template. You can either create one yourself or possible get somebody to do it for you.
gsc1ugs

Post by gsc1ugs »

I’ll explain midi then the library that does work and one that doesn’t manually using the faders. Ive got a midi channel 16 triggering the lights to go on and off using the dmxis interface training each preset for Rgb. I then program the lights along side a wav file, this is backing for a Tribute act. (Not that theres any gigs yet 🦠). I will show you next two libraries that baffle me because lights act different to both. Like you said no libraries loaded should still work but mine dont
gsc1ugs

Post by gsc1ugs »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khMuU7dratE
this is video I watched, this library don't work, blue is red light, red light nothing, dimmer on off works,

Dimmer
D,0,255,
Red
V,0,255,
Green
V,0,255,
Blue
V,0,255,

this works manually correct but presets don't work from my midi triggers, I've done and hour of programming with the unbranded below so don't want start over

Mode
S,0,0,Close
V,1,127,Str
V,128,255,Dim
Red
D,0,255,
Green
D,0,255,
Blue
D,0,255,

this library works my lights correctly manually only, triggers don't work

Red
V,0,255,
Green
V,0,255,
Blue
V,0,255,
Dimmer
D,0,255,

so I changed it to this

Dimmer
D,0,255,
Red
V,0,255,
Green
V,0,255,
Blue
V,0,255,

still didn't work. so then changed to this

Dimmer
D,0,255,
Green
V,0,255,
Red
V,0,255,
Blue
V,0,255,

still doesn't work
gsc1ugs

Post by gsc1ugs »

This is similar I watched for midi triggering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5n33ZglLWA
gsc1ugs

Post by gsc1ugs »

Ok, would be nice to know how to create that library but what i have done is overwritten the presets to match the library Mega led 4ch and its working so if i want to upload this lot to laptop top, do i save these in dmxis and bring them over?