Click Tracks? Backing Tracks? How to Handle...

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
thebigfuss

Click Tracks? Backing Tracks? How to Handle...

Post by thebigfuss »

Are there any options for effectively integrating a click track for a drummer? Let me explain. We are a 5 piece live band and dont necessarily need a full backing track, but would like to integrate some processed sounds here and there in addition to being syncronized with our light show. As such, our drummer will not have a full backing track to keep time with. He has IEMs and click wearables (watch/chest strap). We obviously don't want the click output to the mains but we would want some extra sounds that we don't have instrumentation to reproduce. It doesn't seem like there is a way to handle both. Seems like our WAV form in ShowBuddy would have to be a click track which we'd have to send only to his IEMs, with nothing else coming out of the mains. Is there a way to have a WAV form backing track come out of the mains with tempo-based clicks being output somehow via MIDI? Let me know the options, if there are any. Thank you!
neilnotts

Re: Click Tracks? Backing Tracks? How to Handle...

Post by neilnotts »

Hi there, the latest beta of Show Buddy (renamed Show Buddy Setlist) 1.7 allows you to add a second audio file and output this over another 2 outputs. So you could have your partial backing track output through channels 1 & 2 for FOH and the click audio track through 3 & 4 solely to the IEMs for the drummer.

Hope that helps

Neil
AndyP

Post by AndyP »

That's a great addition :-)
Callan05

Post by Callan05 »

Playing live do you need stereo audio?
I have click on the left and tracks on the right. The on the mixer, only the right channel goes to FoH

Mono audio is generally fine for this purpose.
Last edited by Callan05 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zwhetstone

Post by zwhetstone »

Callan05 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:18 pm Playing live do you need stereo audio?
I have click on the left and tracks on the right. The on the mixer, only three right channel goes to FoH

Mono audio is generally fine for this purpose.
This is how I am currently running, but having stereo backing tracks along with click would be ideal. Is this available now? I just recently reinstalled Show Buddy on a new laptop and didn't see this.