Does ENTTEC Pro Manager work with DMXIS

EEDMX

Does ENTTEC Pro Manager work with DMXIS

Post by EEDMX »

Just purchased a new DMXIS box to try to determine whether or not there was something wrong with my old one. I'm in the middle of programming an installation/performance/residency, and suddenly everything is going sideways.

Examples:
1. ENTTEC Pro Manager on a brand new device can't find the device. If I click "Find Devices" it says "No ENTTEC device found. If I refresh the app and look at the pulldown menu, it says, "n/a ENVVVCOF." If I select that, I'm able to see a device. But this can't possibly be the proper way to use the software, right?
Firmware is 111.9, btw.

2. When adding DMXIS plugins in Ableton, it is frequently (FREQUENTLY!) crashing. The problem seems intermittent, as sometimes, I'm able to quickly pull in a plug in, and other times it immediately crashes. Once it crashes, it becomes difficult to open that session again (even a backup) without it crashing on launch.

I have worked with the exact same equipment, and even on some of the same sessions previously, with zero problems. But right now, I'm frantically searching for something that will allow me to control DMX with Ableton clip envelopes, and send it out over USB (or anything?!)

Please help. I'd be happy to leave a phone number. I am available 24 hours a day.
THANK YOU
EEDMX

Re: Does ENTTEC Pro Manager work with DMXIS

Post by EEDMX »

Just started from scratch on a totally new session. Worked a bunch of hours, saved, quit, came home. Now when I go to open the file, I get non-stop crashes. Backups of the file don't work, earlier versions of the file don't work. I really need some help here.

Here's a pastebin to the crash data where you can see DMXIS causing it --- . Is DMXIS not supported with Ableton 10? I'm quite confused. Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Does ENTTEC Pro Manager work with DMXIS

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Are you trying to use multiple DMXIS instances in your Ableton session? That may cause problems. Only a single instance of the DMXIS plug-in should be open at any time.

(The crash report suggests Ableton is trying to control 3 separate DMXIS instances simultaneously)
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon