Learn Bank stuck button

hotpinkmusic

Learn Bank stuck button

Post by hotpinkmusic »

I have a midi foot controller and I am trying to have DMXIS learn the bank up and down keys to cycle through preset banks. When I hit learn and send a midi note on command eg. channel 14 value 1 for the up button channel 14 value 2 for the down, DMXIS learns and respects those commands once. The interphase looks like I am clicking the up button and holding it, and it does the same for the down button. I have to manually un-click them with a mouse for the midi controls to work again but only for one time as it just holds down the bank up or down buttons.
Is there something simple I am missing here? Should there be a learn to release the button function?
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Learn Bank stuck button

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Which MIDI foot controller do you have? It sounds to me as though your controller is not transmitting a Note Off when you release the switch.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
hotpinkmusic

Post by hotpinkmusic »

I am using Bome Midi Translator to send a specific message from a Eurekaprom modded FCB1010, So the learn function Learns the note on and note off commands? Or does it just learn the address to listen to? Sorry, I am new to Midi and I am learning to program midi for this specific application.
hotpinkmusic

Post by hotpinkmusic »

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:39 am Which MIDI foot controller do you have? It sounds to me as though your controller is not transmitting a Note Off when you release the switch.
Okay so I've spent some time troubleshooting and I am at a loss. I have a midi view that shows channel 1 note on 60, V=127 when I hit the switch, when I release the switch it sends out channel 1 note off 60, V=127. DMXIS does not release the button. If I change V=0 for the note off it is the same result, Its like DMXIS learned the note on and stopped listening for the note off. Does it need to be a specific channel?