Show Buddy 1.7

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
whity63

Show Buddy 1.7

Post by whity63 »

Hello,
when 1.7 update will be released?
Thanks a lot!
Fretwizard

Re: Show Buddy 1.7

Post by Fretwizard »

This is the question we would all love to have the answer to. :D
1afta9o9

Post by 1afta9o9 »

Patience :)
whity63

Post by whity63 »

Hello,
any update on the release date of 1.7 version?
Thanks in advance for the answer.
whity63

Post by whity63 »

Hello, is there a chance to have 1.7 update by the end of august? We'll have a gig and it would be very useful. Otherwise I'll have to find a diferent solution.
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

The 1.7 beta is available upon request - contact support@db-audioware.com if interested.

SBS 1.7.0 release notes

New features
  • Name change to 'Show Buddy Setlist'.
  • Refresh GUI design to be consistent with SBA.
  • Backing track and live audio input now drive DMXIS/SBA sound tracker effects.
  • Added click track support (to a secondary stereo audio output).
  • Added fixed spacing (left-aligned) memos, for lyrics.
  • Add transport controls to set player (for touchscreen control of show).
  • GUI colour scheme can be modified from Preferences.
  • Added MIDI Learn window (cloned from SBA) and removed MIDI CCs from Preferences window. Shows can now be driven from MIDI notes, or from cheap USB foot pedals.
  • Fix loading of m4a audio files on macOS Mojave 10.14.
Bug fixes
  • Fixed intermittent glitch at start of track, when autoplaying songs in a setlist.
  • Fixed install issues on Windows (due to missing Visual Studio libraries).
  • When Show Library contains only one show, clicking on the show name will always force the -show panel to be become visible.
  • Fixed SQLITE_ERROR message when repositioning presets containing an apostrophe.
  • Can now create memos (and perform quick lyric import) with extended special characters (e.g. Swedish å ä ö).
  • Fixed looping bug (would sometimes exit loop unexpectedly).
  • Fixed drag & drop of audio files onto library panel.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
1afta9o9

Post by 1afta9o9 »

I've been looking forward to 1.7 for a long time 😁

John B
whity63

Post by whity63 »

Hi Dave,
Did you receive my request email?
Thanks Alessandro

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:12 am The 1.7 beta is available upon request - contact support@db-audioware.com if interested.

SBS 1.7.0 release notes

New features
  • Added MIDI Learn window (cloned from SBA) and removed MIDI CCs from Preferences window. Shows can now be driven from MIDI notes, or from cheap USB foot pedals.
Bug fixes
  • Fixed intermittent glitch at start of track, when autoplaying songs in a setlist.
  • When Show Library contains only one show, clicking on the show name will always force the -show panel to be become visible.
  • Fixed SQLITE_ERROR message when repositioning presets containing an apostrophe.
  • Can now create memos (and perform quick lyric import) with extended special characters (e.g. Swedish å ä ö).
Dave Brown [admin]

whity63 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:32 am Hi Dave,
Thanks Alessandro
Yes, I'll be sending out download links today.
whity63

Post by whity63 »

Hi Dave,
I have a question, when you uploaded a click track where you assign it to different outputs of the sound card.
Thanks a lot
neilnotts

Post by neilnotts »

You need to activate 2 stereo pairs in preferences. The backing will play through the first and the click through the second.
whity63

Post by whity63 »

Hi Dave,
I'm using the 1.7 and the backing track seems to go well, I've to do more experiments and tests, what I want to ask is if, with the 1.7 update, something has changed with switching back and forth manual control over showbuddy, as I explained in other threads I use sb to automate lights for songs which have backing tracks and I use dmxis for songs without backing tracks where the lights need to be triggered by me by a multipad.
1afta9o9

Post by 1afta9o9 »

Hi Dave,

I sent you an email last week. Can't seem to get 1.7 to work. I sent a PDF doc in the email explaining the issue.

I am just checking in here in case my email may have been scooped up by spam filters?

John B
whity63

Post by whity63 »

Hi Dave,
It seems I have found a strange behaviour for 1.7, in track mode the tracks play correctly while in show library sometimes the tracks play with click, sometimes they don't. Also if you have a mixed situation of tracks with and without click and you start playing a track with click then all tracks in the show will execute the same click track even if they don't have it.
The same happens if a track without click is executed then all the other tracks will play without click. I hope I explained myself.
whity63

Post by whity63 »

Hi Dave,
If I put two tracks with click in the show list and play the first one, at the end of the track the click doesn't stop playing and if I execute the following track the click doesn't change. Am I doing something wrong?
Callan05

Post by Callan05 »

Great Dave, count me in. I've just emailed you.
cheers,
Callan
Dave Brown [admin]

1.7.1 beta is now available. Contact me for download links, or just change "170" to "171" in the links for the 1.7.1 release :-)

Changes from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1:
  • Tweaked size & layout of toolbar on show window.
  • Fix click tracks in Set Player mode.
  • Fix positioning of looping icon in Set Player.
  • Set the default complement colour to orange.
Fretwizard

Post by Fretwizard »

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:21 am 1.7.1 beta is now available. Contact me for download links, or just change "170" to "171" in the links for the 1.7.1 release :-)

Changes from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1:
  • Tweaked size & layout of toolbar on show window.
  • Fix click tracks in Set Player mode.
  • Fix positioning of looping icon in Set Player.
  • Set the default complement colour to orange.
Hi Dave, I've sent email request for 1.7 download link. Did you get my email? Many thanks,
Dave Brown [admin]

Fretwizard wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:17 amHi Dave, I've sent email request for 1.7 download link. Did you get my email? Many thanks,
Yup, download links sent.
Fretwizard

Post by Fretwizard »

Hi Dave, Thanks got the download link thanks. Been playing today and the new layout is much better. Nice job!
Unfortunately one of my big problems with the old version is still there unless I'm mistaken??
When playing a song in a show and you want to choose a song to play next on the fly the only way I can do it is to grab a song and physically put it next in the set. Is it possible to add the ability to start a song and whist its playing be able to scroll up and down the songs in set and press a button to make it next song? I am a solo singer/guitarist that makes a set up as I go along so this is really a deal breaker for me... also the ability to play, scroll up and down the set list and select next song with either a usb foot pedal or even better a bluetooth pedal would be very helpful. I have both usb pedals and airturn bt200s-6 so is it possible to add that function?
Many thanks, and keep up the great work.
Cheers :D
Fretwizard

Post by Fretwizard »

Hi Dave, Also .... can you add the ability to select multiple songs with shift and ctrl keys when adding them to a show? Plus when you add a song the track list jumps back to the top??
Makes adding songs to a set really time consuming. Cheers
joebataz

Post by joebataz »

Hey Dave,

Some issues;
If you are in SBS and change to a different sound channel (I have a 14 track DSP unit) so if you started with 11 and 12 as your output and switch to 13 and 14 you have to quit and restart to get the change to work.

The File menu hangs sometimes, you open the file menu and select an item and nothing happens. The menu remains open. If you click away from the menu it will close and then it will work. Haven't found any specific process to get it to happen.

AArrg... My Python macros are acting funny. I have my own lighting fixture that has 16 channels. I wrote some macros to help me get a bunch of the channels into different configurations. When I ran some of my macros I got some very strange results appearing in other presets when I was only changing the current preset. Also the Global Edit; "Copy the selected channels to all presets in the current bank" zeroed out my oscillators on tilt channels when I just wanted to affect the pan channel. The pan channels all changed like I wanted them to.

The Presets lose sync with the audio. They will come back into sync but it would be nice if they didn't lose sync.

The controls window always comes up with unused channels showing.

WISHLIST (you knew this was coming)
Refresh button for the Banks. If I add a new Bank I have to go to a different lighting show and then back to the show I'm using. Presets are no biggie, I can just select another Bank and any new Presets will appear when I select the modified Bank.

Have an alternate keystroke for Delete selected button (Backspace/Delete)

Keep the channel information showing when editing a single channel.

For PIA Mac users like me have the cmd key work as well as the ctrl key.

Enhance the editing process by either having BPM grid or my personal favorite, adding a dbl-click function to the boxes on the timeline so the actual numbers could be entered instead of having to drag the boxes back and forth. Or what's worse dragging the wrong box by mistake.

Have an update on/off function so that boxes could be moved around without having to wait for the database to update after each tweak.

All that said as usual you have a hell of a usable application here. And it's looking pretty spiffy as well. Truth be told I am working on my live show and haven't had any issues other than those listed above and I've been spending a lot of time hammering on the app.
YES, I backed everything up.

Thanks for allowing me work with this latest revision.It has always been my bread and butter go to for any of my shows, more since I have it working pretty seamlessly with my video app, Resolume Avenue.

Keep up the great work, it IS appreciated!!

Best,

joeb
joebataz

Post by joebataz »

Copy/Paste
I have had some extra pasted cues show up when I paste cues. They show up a ways from where I'm pasting and they are usually a duplicate of one of the cues I'm pasting. Also have had some issues with presets changing values. Only happens when I go beyond 30 presets in a bank. What is the limit for presets in a bank? I thought it was 32 but in the 1.5.3 version of Show Buddy I have gone way beyond that, 40+ and haven't had any issues.
I do like to push the limits! Usually by accident. The 40+ happened in Bohemian Rhapsody, all that accapella stuff....

joeb
mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 »

whity63 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:32 am Hi Dave,
Thanks Alessandro

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:12 am The 1.7 beta is available upon request - contact support@db-audioware.com if interested.

SBS 1.7.0 release notes

New features
Bug fixes
Just and FYI, but Im still having issues with "Fixed intermittent glitch at start of track, when autoplaying songs in a setlist." We have larger 6-15 song medley's that go right into each other and there is still an intermittent glitch that happens randomly from time to time. Def happens WAY less in 1.7 however the problem is still there and makes me too nervous. Happened once at a show and the entire band got thrown off the click and was a disaster :(. Hopefully this is something that could get resolved in future releases! My temporary fix is I put all the songs in one track as one giant song however now I lose the ability to sync lights to their individual tempos wahhhhhhhh. maybe some sort of system where you can select a part of a song to have one tempo and another part of same song to have a different tempo??
Fretwizard

Post by Fretwizard »

Hi Dave,

It’s been a while since you’ve been active on the forum to answer any of our questions?
Is everything ok? Are you planning any future showbuddy updates or even a new version?
Many thanks. 😀
jonnymee

Post by jonnymee »

did you get any reply or do you have a download link for 1.7? I could really do with having 4 audio outputs when we're allowed to start gigging again.
Dave Brown [admin]

jonnymee wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:08 pm did you get any reply or do you have a download link for 1.7? I could really do with having 4 audio outputs when we're allowed to start gigging again.
I've emailed you the download location for 1.7 :)