Upgrading to Showbuddy active

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
mikevar94

Upgrading to Showbuddy active

Post by mikevar94 »

I’m thinking of upgrading to Showbuddy active. I have an entire 3 hr set (about 80 songs) programmed into Showbuddy with dmxis. If I get SBA will I be able to use all three of them? Will need to transfer files to SBA? Will SBA show up as a window like dmxis does within Showbuddy? Sorry I’m confused!
cgrafx

Re: Upgrading to Showbuddy active

Post by cgrafx »

Show Buddy Active is a more advanced version of DMXIS and would replace DMXIS in your configuration.

You would only use two (Show Buddy and Show Buddy Active)

I really wish the name hadn't been changed from DMXIS Platinum or had been changed to something else as its very confusing.
Last edited by cgrafx on Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 »

cgrafx wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:37 am Show Buddy Active is a more advanced version of DMXIS and would replace DMXIS in your configuration.

You would only use two (Show Buddy and Show Buddy Active)

I really wish the name hadn't be changed from DMXIS Platinum or had been changed to something else as its very confusing.
Ahhh just the answer I was looking for thanks! Now is it possible to take all my existing dmxis scenes and copy them into SBA without any issues?
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

mikevar94 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:05 pm Ahhh just the answer I was looking for thanks! Now is it possible to take all my existing dmxis scenes and copy them into SBA without any issues?
Yes SBA will read DMXIS show files directly. Actually I believe it will do that automatically when you install SBA, but not 100% sure on that.
ojacques

Post by ojacques »

Actually I believe it will do that automatically when you install SBA
It did for me (you can verify with the demo version). But I just took a backup, just in case :D
DMXIS since 2015, Show Buddy Active since 9/2019.