ADJ Mega Hex Pars not working with DMXis

HarveyHustle

ADJ Mega Hex Pars not working with DMXis

Post by HarveyHustle »

I'm not sure if this is just a noob mistake or something's legitimately wrong. But I have an ADJ mega hex par set up in my chain and I put it on the correct Dmx address but the fixtures are not responding when I turn up the faders for ANY channel. Only when I select them all and move the faders up does the strobe function start working. I've tried these on all 4 Hex Pars so I dont think its the fixtures themselves. They all do the same thing.

Any advice and suggestions would be much appreciated.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: ADJ Mega Hex Pars not working with DMXis

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

There's nothing unusual about those fixtures, pretty much a standard ADJ parcan. Are your other fixtures working? If so, then there's nothing wrong with your DMXIS box.

Have you tried different modes on the fixture? I'd start with the simplest 6-channel mode, there's not much that can go wrong with that.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
HarveyHustle

Post by HarveyHustle »

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:11 pm There's nothing unusual about those fixtures, pretty much a standard ADJ parcan. Are your other fixtures working? If so, then there's nothing wrong with your DMXIS box.

Have you tried different modes on the fixture? I'd start with the simplest 6-channel mode, there's not much that can go wrong with that.
I bought the mega hex par 4 pack (RGBAWUV) and tried 3 of them. All end up doing the same thing. So I thought theres no way THREE pars are faulty. But my 2 dimmer packs in the chain work fine. Ill try the 6 channel mode and see if it works. I just really want to utilize all the channels. Otherwise I gotta call ADJ.

**UPDATE**

So I tested them all. They all only work on 6 channel Mode but not any of the others.
David_LSL

Post by David_LSL »

You just have some profile issues, most likely. To get other modes to work, you may need to create a profile that is correct:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUZLqAufEXk

Basically, DMXis always outputs a DMX signal for every channel - whether you've patched a fixture there or not. It does not matter. So, work with the manual and look at the mode you desire to use. You can that set that light to an unused address and bring up faders accordingly to ensure the manual's description of the channel mode works correctly.

Then, once you verify that, you can go make or find a profile on the fixtures.dmxis.com site.
-David
David Henry
I teach lighting at: https://www.LearnStageLighting.com
andrewwilson

Post by andrewwilson »

I don't know why it is actually not working. Have you tried different modes on the fixture. I may assume, you have not!
Kritter22

Post by Kritter22 »

I Just received my ADJ Mega Hex Pars and have the exact same problem using dmxis. I tried all the suggestions and troubleshooting, I even created a new profile. Still the same result. All my hardware was double checked A.O.K.
I was wondering if anyone has figured out this problem since the original posting. Is it a Dmxis problem or ADJ?

Any updated info would be appreciated. Thanks
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

Its not a DMXIS problem and actually for all practical purposes fixture profiles don't actually change anything in DMXIS. Its primarily a labeling system so you can identify what fader controls what parameter.

If you didn't assign a profile DMXIS would still output the same data on each DMX channel, you just wouldn't have a reference to know which fader was assigned to which specific light and parameter.

A simple test for you is to set one of your lights to DMX starting address of 1, set the light to 6-ch mode and run up the first six faders in DMXIS. You don't have to apply a fixture profile. Ch 1-6 should run up R, G, B, W, A and UV respectively.
teb335

Post by teb335 »

i struggled a bit with these also. Turns out you need to have the strobe channel set to LED ON - ie 255 aswell as the dimmer up .