Play-Thru Glitch

Chat about Show Buddy Setlist show control software.
mikevar94

Play-Thru Glitch

Post by mikevar94 »

So we’ve had this glitch happen to us on 3 separate occasions all at shows..We have about 30 songs per set and about 50% of them are set to “play straight thru” and not stop (little arrow selected in setlist view). Most of the time they run smoothly but there have been instances where once the next song starts, the audio glitches and the song restarts or skips and completely throws us off the click. Was able to make it happen two more times at practice and it’s beginning to become too unreliable. Does this happen to anyone else? Is this a potential glitch in Showbuddy? Was thinking about maybe downloading an older version and trying that. Computer is a newer windows running windows 10
davep2000

Re: Play-Thru Glitch

Post by davep2000 »

I've experienced glitches using Showbuddy. Mainly sound stuttering, but only occasionally. My computer had a 1TB hard drive. I saw a read/write activity at the same time by chance. So after some info from the forum, I changed to 250 GB SSD. I'm now running SBA on Win 10 and it hasn't glitched since. Fingers crossed :)
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

You can also move your audio onto a fast USB flash drive, for more reliable audio streaming. From Preferences, just edit "Media files location"...

Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 11.23.23.png
Screenshot 2019-06-07 at 11.23.23.png (184.61 KiB) Viewed 5179 times
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 »

so if I get a good flash drive maybe like a 256gb, load all my tracks to it, then change the media files location to that drive it will put the files faster? Obviously the drive would have to be inserted every time I use Showbuddy correct?
mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 »

davep2000 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:58 am I've experienced glitches using Showbuddy. Mainly sound stuttering, but only occasionally. My computer had a 1TB hard drive. I saw a read/write activity at the same time by chance. So after some info from the forum, I changed to 250 GB SSD. I'm now running SBA on Win 10 and it hasn't glitched since. Fingers crossed :)
What do you mean by SSD? Sorry for my noobieness haha
neilnotts

Post by neilnotts »

SSD = Solid state disk. No moving parts and they are generally faster drives