Flash button

Post your requests for new features here! One wish per topic please.
dgrimm

Flash button

Post by dgrimm »

Ability to create a momentary flash button, ie use on blinder channel
RichG

Re: Flash button

Post by RichG »

+1

We have this with the footswitch in DMXIS. It has the ability to "Load Last Preset (When Held)". When the switch is released DMXIS goes back to the preset it had been on.

It would be nice to extend this functionality to load any specific preset (not just the last one in the list of presets) when getting a specific Note ON command, then return to the preset when the Note turns OFF.

I would use this for Blinders, Specific Spotlights, Strobes, etc...
Sound-guy Steve

Post by Sound-guy Steve »

dgrimm wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:50 am Ability to create a momentary flash button, ie use on blinder channel
+1
xv28901

Post by xv28901 »

+1
Studio-412

Post by Studio-412 »

RichG wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:48 pm We have this with the footswitch in DMXIS. It has the ability to "Load Last Preset (When Held)". When the switch is released DMXIS goes back to the preset it had been on.
How do you do that? I can't seem to figure it out in Show Buddy Active. I don't see the option for "Load Last Preset (When Held)" like it used to have in DMXIS.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Studio-412 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:00 pm How do you do that? I can't seem to figure it out in Show Buddy Active. I don't see the option for "Load Last Preset (When Held)" like it used to have in DMXIS.
Look under Universes | Send to USB Box | Footswitch | Click & hold
LastPreset.png
LastPreset.png (64.52 KiB) Viewed 7703 times
Studio-412

Post by Studio-412 »

THANK YOU!!
teb335

Post by teb335 »

We have this with the footswitch in DMXIS. It has the ability to "Load Last Preset (When Held)". When the switch is released DMXIS goes back to the preset it had been on.

It would be nice to extend this functionality to load any specific preset (not just the last one in the list of presets) when getting a specific Note ON command, then return to the preset when the Note turns OFF.

I would use this for Blinders, Specific Spotlights, Strobes, etc...
+1
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

As an extension to this, how about each performance button can have two "modes". First is as now - click the button and you get that preset. If button is set to "mode 2" (or "flash" or "instantaneous") it selects that preset only while held. When released, the settings revert to previous?
jezric

Post by jezric »

How about just a one-shot ADSR (Attack Decay Sustain Release). Essentially a single shot OSC that runs just once when activated. With this you could create a ramp down, ramp up, momentary on/off, etc, etc.

This could even be a playlist of states that can be triggered by a single preset. A lot of the other software does this. It's essential in my opinion.