[WISH 2.0.11] Optional Visualizer Window / Improved Performance

Post your requests for new features here! One wish per topic please.
RichG

[WISH 2.0.11] Optional Visualizer Window / Improved Performance

Post by RichG »

I'm running the Show Buddy Active stand alone program on an older laptop (Thinkpad X130e) with a Samsung EVO 850 250 GB SSD. CPU load runs about 35%-40% when SBA is running. In contrast to this, DMXIS runs about 10%-15%.

Perhaps one way to improve performance would be to have an optional Visualizer window? The Visualizer is useful when creating presets. I don't need it during a show. I'm busy playing guitar and entertaining during a show and don't look at the laptop. I typically minimize the lighting control window. I don't notice any performance improvement with the window minimized, so maybe an optional Visualizer window isn't the answer to improving the performance.
HellishVictor

Re: [WISH 2.0.11] Optional Visualizer Window / Improved Performance

Post by HellishVictor »

RichG wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:47 pm I'm running the Show Buddy Active stand alone program on an older laptop (Thinkpad X130e) with a Samsung EVO 850 250 GB SSD. CPU load runs about 35%-40% when SBA is running. In contrast to this, DMXIS runs about 10%-15%.

Perhaps one way to improve performance would be to have an optional Visualizer window? The Visualizer is useful when creating presets. I don't need it during a show. I'm busy playing guitar and entertaining during a show and don't look at the laptop. I typically minimize the lighting control window. I don't notice any performance improvement with the window minimized, so maybe an optional Visualizer window isn't the answer to improving the performance.
Yeah, I think the same.