Adj Sweeper Beam

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
Dstate

Adj Sweeper Beam

Post by Dstate »

Hi
I'm a first time user and am looking to add ADJ sweeper beam quad leds to my fixtures however they're not in the SBA database - is there a way of adding.

Thanks

Gary
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Adj Sweeper Beam

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Thousands of additional fixtures (contributed by our user community) are available at fixtures.dmxis.com.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Dstate

Post by Dstate »

Thanks Dave
RichG

Post by RichG »

I have something very similar to an ADJ Sweeper Beam in my lighting rig. If you're going to use it in 35 channel mode, rather that creating a single fixture definition I suggest creating a fixture called ADJ Sweeper Beam Control that defines the first three channels, then use a simple RGBW fixture eight times after that. It would ultimately look like this in SBA:

[ADJ Sweeper Beam Control][RGBW 1][RGBW 2][RGBW 3][RGBW 4][RGBW 5][RGBW 6][RGBW 7][RGBW 8]

The advantage of this is evident when selecting the LED's. If you Double-Click on one of the LED's it will select all the other ones as well. That makes it much easier to create chases and such. If you use a single fixture then you'll have to select each LED separately.

Fixture files are just text files. Take a look at some of the other fixture files for examples. You can find a guide HERE that defines the elements of a fixture file. It's very easy to create your own fixtures.
Dstate

Post by Dstate »

Thanks very much