Using Behringer FCB1010

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
sthgardner

Using Behringer FCB1010

Post by sthgardner »

Has anyone used the Behringer FCB1010 as a midi controller for SBA? I'm using it with DMXIS currently but the limitations of just footswitch and using expression pedals for master dimmer and bank scroll speed is about it. We don't use backing or click tracks so I'm controlling it all live. I am hoping to use the program change switches to trigger different effects like gobo lights etc. I've been able to set up the footswitvhes to work like dmxis but the midi learn is different in sba. I'm using the demo to try and figure out if it is worth the upgrade. It seems so but my experience with all this is a learning process. Any input is welcome. Thanks
nohoosier

Re: Using Behringer FCB1010

Post by nohoosier »

Hi, I am in the same situation now as you were when you posted this. I was curious what you have learned since then?
sthgardner

Re: Using Behringer FCB1010

Post by sthgardner »

You can get basic scene changes and a couple of chases. But it doesn't recognize bank changes so it is very limited in its use. I ended up selling it and got a midi recorder to run the show from. Click track, lighting changes etc. More in depth than I wanted but does a nice job.